Reviews of professional property management services

Hello all,

I’m new to hosting and don’t have a lot of time. I’m not finding very much that gives hosts reviews of professional property management services for short-term rentals.

I would love to hear from anyone who has experience with any such services. Guesty? Pillow? BookingTeam.com? Others?

Or is there a site that has reviews already developed?

Thanks for any help!

Lee

1 Like

All these companies have testimonial pages but the market is still so new, I can’t see a situation where you’d go on revoo to see what people thought about guesty for a long time, if ever.

I think this is an apple to oranges comparison.

Guesty is essentially a software company. Their code will help in relation with the communication to guests (automatic, sometimes with receptionists if you are bringing enough money) and some of the logistics, but you would need to have your own team of cleaning people (and check-in services if applicable) and will charge 3% of the payouts. Only works with Airbnb. The oldest player on the market, created in 2013. They are based in Israel (so that’s a thing if your Airbnb is in Australia or LA regarding timezones).

BookingTeam is a booking management company. They will manage the communication, market your property across platforms, and define the pricing. I understand they also help you hire cleaning people and check-in services, but they don’t charge for those services. They will charge a fixed fee +2.5% of each reservation’s base price (payout minus any cleaning fee due to a third party), and have a team around the world to ensure 24/7 communication.

Pillow is a property management company. I understand they manage all aspects of the business (communication, pricing, cleaning, smartlock equipment to self check-in), and will take a 15% cut or pay you a fixed amount per month. Works with Airbnb, HomeAway/VRBO. Operates in a few cities (LA, SF, San Diego and Seattle), and not even all neighborhood.

You actually have hundreds of businesses around the world like Pillow, which are essentially local because they need boots on the ground. Pillow is special because they have SF VCs backing. GuestReady is also one of these and has a broader geographical scope, with similar services and pricing.

For my 2 cents, Smartbnb (the software company I created) is helping in relation with the automatic communication with Airbnb guests (and some other hacks to promote your listing), for €15/$18 per month. Pardon me for including a link to us here!.

Pierre