Review period - the definitive thread?

I am the first to call a bug. I started on business on Airbnb’s bugs. So, I love Airbnb’s bugs !

What bugs me, but that is probably just misplaced curiosity, is that randomness would be evenly distributed. Obviously, things don’t work the way they should.

There’s definitely something weird going on with the reviewing system at the moment. I spoke to Airbnb today and mentioned it. I get asked to review guests before they’ve even checked out. Then I’m asked to rate them as a host!!

These glitches in the system are a small irritation. If you really want to review, call them and ask. They’re usually pretty responsive.

just got the definitive answer from airbnb via twitter:

can you tell me if the review period is 14 days from my guest checkout time? In other words, 14 days from (for example) 10am checkout of the stay until 10am 14 days later? Thanks!

Airbnb Help
You are completely right thats exactly the period.

The review “dinger” email is being an outlier today. Guests checked out at 11 [by my listing] today. However, the booker actually left yesterday, taking her phone with her. Her friend is the one who left today. It is now 1:40 and I have still not received my review request.

So the phone theory about generating the review email isn’t accurate here. They were from the UK, so if it has anything to do with their home time zone, it isn’t that…

In fact, I have every single one of those review emails. Maybe I should create a chart when I don’t have any laundry to do, or beds to make or breads or granola to bake. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are probably much better off taking a nap, or breaking a leg, than creating that chart :wink: I am not going to entertain the geolocation theory anymore, it’s been quite rebuked.

That is not what Airbnb’s raw data says, but at least this gives something to test.

1 Like

Typical! I generally get ‘review this guest’ emails at 5 am - long before the guest has checked out.

Recently we had the worst guests ever and as yet, no option to review them. Annoying!

After further testing, the definitive answer is that reviews do not expire by check-out time 14 days later, but 14 days exactly after the creation of the review. The best proxy for actual humans is the time when the email notifying the review is available. If you receive the email at 11:30, the review will expire 14 days later at 11:30.

More on http://www.airhostsforum.com/t/please-settle-the-matter-deadline-for-review/8896/38

2 Likes

My gosh… In all the air rep answers we have heard, that one was never in the mix. And you know how many of us have been getting prompted for reviews Horus and hours early. Before the guest even checked out.

Since I had my incident in 2015, things have definitely been changed up by TPTB.

1 Like