Retaliation.... of another Airbnb Host

Ah, what an unfortunate experience. Of all of the guests we’d hope would be the best, it’s other Air hosts who should be the most compassionate.

Rational or not, the “accuracy” rating is the one I care most about. It’s synonymous with me to “honest,” and that’s something I strive for in the listing. So, I too would be disheartened by a ding in this column.

Did they publicly state those things like bathroom and stairs, or was this in private feedback? I’d try to not worry too much if it was all private (and after you’ve defended yourself to Air), but if it’s public then it’s probably best thinking of a good response that tells your side without sounding bitter.

I’ve been cracked on accuracy for unfair things. One guest said it was not accurate because of its location, which is given a million ways from Sunday in my listing including mile marker location. Another guest, one I had rescued from paying too much on flipkey, cracked me on accuracy because it was bigger than it looked and because it had bonus amenities I didn’t disclose in the listing. Yup. Marked down for being better than advertised. To say nothing of saving them money by moving them from flipkey to air. I just won’t bother with that any more. At that point one wonders if there are not easier ways to pound a penny. :frowning:

1 Like

Laurie Ann I had few of those this year. All of them came under false pretenses, who either were host them self or had local family or friends that were host.
I had two 50-65 years (oh I though nice guest,mature) ladies. Came with an open bottle of wine, two thirds was gone, and just set them self on the patio, 3 P.M. and continued to drink. Thank suddenly they were hungry, left door to the unit wide open, both gates wide open. I have my own entrance, and the only reason I went to check, I heard neighbors dog barking and loud conversations. Group of teenagers, driveway gate open, gate to unit open and than I realized entrance door wide open with all their staff all over the place.
Next day multiple candles burning, and a huge spill of candle wax over the carpet. Claim was: had horrible cat odor. Next day I had a company come that is cleaning and odor control. They did smell, UV light and all only to tell me, no cat odor. Outside yes, but not strong enough to tell where it is.

Anyway new listings are over saturating some areas, and it is getting ugly. Some Host will do anything to survive, and unfortunately you are on your own.

You just don’t know who your next guest is. Unfortunately I am in a city that has most airbnb host in they entire state and it is getting ugly, ugly…

Unfortunately I am afraid you are on your own.
Creative Host can use their friends who are not local, so there you are. I had few of those this year, and boy did I get hit and in addition to the city implementing almost a ban on airbnb host, yet issuing so many new licences it is not even funny.
“Dirty Host” they study carefully your reviews and your place, and they know how to use it against you, and boy some will will do what ever it takes.

Airbnb can’t do anything about it, for them one host goes under, and new one pops up.

Pie is getting small and to many are holding for crumbs…

Can you review them? I’ve only done one Airbnb guest experience and we reviewed each other - good experience on both sides. I just assume that you can review them as well.