RentingLock vs ResortLock? Which smart lock is best?

I’m looking for a smart lock that I can generate codes for guests to use. I don’t want to use a wifi smart lock, rather something offline.

RentingLock looks great and the website demo is slick. The company is Polish and the product is seems very nifty and intelligent.

ResortLock looks similar but the company is well established with lots of products. However it is not clear to me how to generate codes. Is it a website like RentingLock or maybe an app?

Your insights into how these products compare is greatly appreciated.

Hi bearbnb,

With Resortlock you use our free cloud based portal to generate access codes. We also have an IOS and Android app.

Kind regards,

Stuart - smartlock UK

we are happy with e rental lock

Thanks for the reply. I’d be interested to know more about the portal and its features. Is there a demo or screenshots of the interface? Basically, how does it compare to https://rentinglock.com/#features - thanks for taking the time to respond.

bumping this post…

Hi bearbnb,

You may wish to consider the igloohome Smart Keybox.

It works offline, which seems to be what you’re looking for. All you have to do is to store your keys in the Keybox, and you can generate PIN codes or bluetooth keys from your smartphone, so that your guests can unlock the Keybox and retrieve your keys.

You can also set the duration for which you want the PIN code or bluetooth key to be valid for.

igloohome is a preferred partner of Airbnb, and we will be launching the igloohome Smart Keybox at Airbnb Open in Los Angeles on 17-19 Nov.

Let us know if you have further questions. Thanks.

Shermaine - igloohome