Question about having someone else manage my listing

I have a person who will manage my listing for me, which I would like.
I would like them to be able to handle communications with guests, update the calendar, and modify the listing. But I don’t want them to have access to any of my personal information (e.g. trips and reservations I’m making for myself) and my credit card. How can I do that?

When I spoke with Airbnb, they said I could make them a “co-host”, but they would have access to my personal information.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Huck

You should read the detailed info on co-hosting on the Air site. This is part of the language and it appears to answer your particular concerns:

“Current hosts can now add co-hosts to their account. This is a simple way to allow family members or trusted friends to help with some of the hosting responsibilities from their own account, without giving someone access to your personal account, personal details, or payment information.”

Thanks. This was very helpful. However, even after reading quite a bit from the site I’m still unclear about a few things.
It seems that to avoid the co-host accessing personal information, they would open their own account and list if from there. In that case I’m not sure how funds are dispersed. If payout is by a direct deposit to the bank, can the co-host specify my account?
Our arrangement for paying the co-host is a little complicated. I don’t think it could be handled automatically by Airbnb (I think they have some capability of splitting payments.)

A bit more on that question. If I put them as a co-host on my account, is there a way to limit the co-host’s access to some of the information on my account?

You need to gather your questions together and contact Air. It stands to reason that if you share your account, everything will be accessible to your co-host.

If your payment arrangements are in any way complicated and customized, I would think that aspect should be worked out between the two of you and Air payments should not pass through your co-host’s hands at all.

It is sensible to contact Airbnb with an organized set of questions. I did that first. I had an almost impossible time trying to get answers from them. That’s why I came on this forum. I thought maybe people had experience with some of these things and could tell how they solved it. I asked these specific questions to an Airbnb person and got vague and contradictory answers.

I gather that a co-host can set up their own account. The Airbnb rep didn’t tell me that, even though I asked the question specifically. Pretty frustrating.

If I could add somebody to my account and limit their access to the items I mentioned (Calendar, guest communication, listing description), that would be ideal.

Having them list my property from their account seems like it might have some problems.

The payment arrangement certainly has to be between me and the manager. If it is my account, I receive the payment and pay the manager for his work.

Huck, I have a feeling that you should set up a second account, set the second account as your co-host, and then go to see how much you can get to as the co-host. It may be the only way that you would feel sure that the information that your co-host can see makes you feel comfortable.

Why not let her have the entire listing? Just give it to her and let her run it. You can list yourself as a co-host if you like.

1 Like

I am a cohost. Our listing is set up under my husband’s account, he listed the property. I have my own Airbnb account. The owner of the listing (my husband) invites the other person, (me), to be the co-host. Now on the listing it is his profile and it says that I help host. I have full control of the listing detsils, the calendar, pricing, etc. I do most of the communication but we are both notified and all of the communication is seen by both of us. I can see how much a reservation payout is and a breakdown of it, but I have absolutely no access to any personal information of my husband, banking information, anything to do with the money side of it. I can see stats regarding views, but on the Superhost page I am all zeros, all of my hosting efforts count toward his being a Superhost, not me. It works perfectly for us and would be a huge hassle for me if I had to log into his account each time even if it is my husband. I think this is one feature that Airbnb designed really well.

3 Likes

Thank you very much. That sounds like it does just what I need.

1 Like

Hello Arlene,
I have recently been added as a co-host to help my friend out. I can see/edit her listing… but I have absolutely no access to her calendar. I know she has bookings… but when I click on the calendar, all the days are grayed out. Has anything like that ever happened to you?

No it has not. I would call Airbnb and inquire.