Professional Photography

Not available in my neck of the woods.

My opinion is that verified pictures should be meant to help you bypass the sense of insecurity a guest could have when booking with you in your fresh start. You still don´t have any (or only a few) reviews so having that “Verified” will help you move forward in those first months. However for the sake of the listing´s life and even for Airbnb itself I believe that those verified pictures should have an expiration date (say 3 years). Encouraging hosts to take their own pictures after they have collected many reviews is a way to reinforce the accuracy of that particular listing,and looking this through the Airbnb`s prespective they will have less complains from the kind of “not as the pictures”. Holding the same verified pictures during say 5 years is unacurate and will do more harm thatn good to you, Airbnb and your guests.

Wrong place sorry ooops

I had my professional photos taken about a year ago, but since then I made some significant changes to my house (interior and exterior) so I had to remove some and take some new ones with my own digital camera. This was for to keep my accuracy rating up. I kept only the ones that don’t reflect much change. I felt removing too many verified photos would impact my placing in the search results.

Hopefully AirBnB will consider making a change and allow us to have new professional photos taken, at least once a year. They should know people make changes to their houses periodically.

Absolutly @kasage00. There could be some kind of reward to Superhost that after holding theri staus for a year they earn a second photoshoot for free. This will a be much better incentive that the 100usd we receive.

My place has also changed a lot since I was photoshooted by Airbnb so I was on the need to make my own set of pictures and I’m very happy with them. The prime dilema for many is that if you upgrade your place then the pictures will start looking unaccurate and will need a second or third photoshoot. I see the hosting job as an evolving process with no end point. There will be always something to improve in your place. You might redecorate, rebrand the kitchen, the bathroom or change the entire layout. But if you start felling afraid that you will lost accuracy from those lovely pictures (or maybe ranking positions) then your mind will debate bewteen meking the improvements you think are neccesary and give up with the verified pictures versus keeping the place as it is to make the verified pictures stay accurate.

Hi @Monica

Yes, I completely agree about the overuse of wide angle lenses and photoshop. That’s why I think it’s very important to use a photographer that has some experience in architecture and building interiors in particular. They should be able to take advantage of the excellent tools that are available, but also not to overdo it.

I have seen one or two ‘the property looked bigger in the pictures’ comments, albeit not too many. As long as you haven’t overdone it, I think a simple response to this is ‘we wanted to capture the entire room so that potential guests can see everything that the property has to offer’. It’s worked for us.

Actually the photographer that we now use for all of our properties was a former AirBnB photographer. So there are definitely some very good ones. My view is it’s better to pay, so you’re in control.

Hi guys,

I think you are all capable of taking some truly amazing shots of your own house. Can offer my services to help edit and make them look realistically amazing.

Free photo tip guide here also even if you don’t need my services.

www.quickedits.online

Cheers,

Daz

€60?

I was thinking of applying to be an AirBnB photographer, but for that kind of money I will leave it to the amateurs.

2 Likes

No, don’t take screenshots. You can just save them directly; that’s what I did. But I think you should open them first - that way you get a better resolution/size. If you save them as thumbnails, you get poorer resolution/size.

1 Like

I got a photographer from airbnb to my house. He took some great photographers, I nearly wanted to stay in my own house !!! Its a great service. My house is about 60 years old so it has odd shaped rooms but he was able to capture them prefectly. Am in Dublin and once I applied he was out within a week or so. It took about 4 weeks for them to be uploaded. Your own images go to the bottom and all the air pictures are first.

2 Likes

This was a while ago and for some reason they would not save. All the photos he took are waaaaaaaaay outdated anyway and were done when I first opened my Air doors 6.5 years ago. I don’t think you get another photographer, it is one per property.

Why don’t you ask them? You might be surprised. 6+ years is probably a generation in this business.

2 Likes

Or guests. I see lots of guests I used to have with their profile pics gone.

Yes I could ask again but need to do it during winter when things are looking their best.

@Barthelemy I just love your apartment! So much character and so fresh/clean looking!! I really like the first photo, is that the one taken by the photographer?

Thank you so much @MissMiami :blush:. the first photo is mine, in the end I kept only one photo from the professional photographer (the queen bedroom) as I did not like the others, the apartment looked cold on his pictures, and it didn’t seem to improve my search rankings anyway.

I am in the Boston market, and both times that I have requested professional photos, the response has been “no photographers are available.”

AirBandB kindly arranged for a professional photographer to come to photograph our property. It was counter-productive. Like many professional photo types, he used his ‘skills’ to make the guest rooms look much bigger than they actually are (wide angle lenses etc). After we used these photos, a few people made comments that the rooms were smaller than expected. So we have now deleted most of the photos and reverted to our own phone photos. The whole point of AirBandB is honesty/clarity about what is on offer. It was a waste of time. I guess if you are to use this service talk this through with the photographer first.

3 Likes

I liked the wide angle photo of the professional since it clearly shows the layout of the room. I didn’t remove all of my pictures I just added the pros pics. Also in the description you can say “small” or 10’x10’ so no guest has any legitimate claim to say the room was misrepresented.

Thanks - that makes sense - to put room sizes in - but these photos we really exagerated

1 Like

Are you facing noise issue in capturing images? If yes then follow below given guidelines to get rid of your issue:

• Shoot at lower ISO settings

• Shoot in RAW format

• Check your exposure

• Be careful when doing long exposures

• Use in-camera noise reduction

I hope all above tips are enough to solve your problem, but you can also use Canon T3i Manual-
guideusermanual.com/product-name-eos-rebel-t3i-ef-s-18-55-is-ii-kit-manual&po=16394&lang=English for more assistant support.