Possible photo shoot going on

thanks Magwitch, i’m from South London, standing ground comes with the territory… i’m just trying to ascertain whether 4 girls on a property booked for 2 is honest and upfront. There’s no real problem, as i said, it’s quiet.

I’m confused. You seem to not be sure whether you talked to your actual guest or not. How many people are on the rental agreement? One? If so, please call Airbnb and tell them that the guest is in violation of the rental agreement and you need them re-homed.

Um, before calling Airbnb I would put some big grown-up pants on and go down to find out what is going on. YOU are in charge and you need to demonstrate it. You don’t need to be confrontational, it can all be friendly. Just smile and say you’re checking everything is ok. If they are hostile, stand your ground. You need to establish your authority. I aim for a mix between Clint Eastwood (in the spaghetti westerns) and sweet little old lady, switching up depending on the situation in hand.

2 Likes

Thanks Magwitch, i’m originally from South London, standing one’s ground comes with the territory. I’m just trying to ascertain whether 4 girls on a property booked for two is honest and upfront. Beyond that, there’s no real problem, it’s quiet.

Ah ok. But booking for two and arriving as four is very clearly not “honest and upfront”. If you let this go, it is very likely that other advantages will be taken.

(I was hoping to find a good Clint face to post but sometimes the internet lets you down).

It does. So i spoke to them, all 5 of them, it is an amateur photo shoot. When i told them they had originally booked for 2. They told me the other three were not staying the night. I told them this wasn’t upfront. I think i’ll just leave her/them an appropriate review.

Having thought about it.; it’s the kind of stunt i would have been trying to pull when i was younger; blagging cheap locations. And as long as it’s all above board, i’m kinda okay with it. initially, i felt cheated. Ha. First world problems maybe.

2 Likes