PayPal payments delayed!

It wouldn’t be a ‘minor technical issue’ is someone owed them money!!

I get paid to my bank account and I have been waiting two days for the release for some time now, ever since this topic was mentioned last on forum. Once it’s released Airbnb^s email will tell me what date they expect it to hit my account, generally 3-4 days, but usually it arrives quicker.
However, today I got a payment for a guest that checked in Sunday, two days ago, and the amount is way over what it should have been. I’m going to have to call Airbnb about it.

Hi, Question, so you have them send it straight to your checking acct, correct? Generally you get an email saying they have sent your acct money and it usually arrives in your checking acct in two or three days, correct?

before this glitch was it always released 24 hours after they check in?

sounds like you basically get payment avail to you ready to use in your checking account two days after the guest check in – which is about two days quicker than paypal (when they don’t have technical errors)

I started Airbnb in March this year and the emails would come the next day that they were sending money to my checking account, but would say that it might not hit the account for 2-3 days. But in the past month I don’t get the email until two days after check in, so this had been going on for a while.
But once I get the email that the money has been sent, it usually doesn’t take 2-3 days, in actual practice it usually shows up quicker in my account.
I’m just saying I have been experiencing this delay for quite some time, vs the published “next day”, but it has been consistent, not more than two days to receive the email that the money had been released.
I don’t know that I would want PayPal in the middle of everything (personally). Don’t you have to pull the money out of PayPal and put it someplace else?

I’ve also got my payout. Seems its been resolved on their end. There might be alot of backlog so be patient if you haven’t got it yet.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ellenkilloran/2015/09/15/airbnb-keeping-hosts-in-the-dark-about-missing-payments/

… Well done, everyone :-)!!

Hopefully this will give them a wake up call!!

3 Likes

I received my payment late yesterday afternoon. I was glad to contribute to the article, they still haven’t apologized or sent an email explaining what happened. I’m wary of hosting in the future…

I’m a superhost in Australia. I have had nothing but excellent experiences with Airbnb customer services and out of 25 guest lots in 10 months, only one unpleasant experience.
My payments are made direct to a bank account. They’ve always emailed me the day after check in and funds have been in my account usually a day after that. Since about a month payments have been several days later. They always arrive thigh. Same comment from another local host.
I’m disappointed with the lack of communication from top level management.

@Kittyp, Thanks for posting Ellen’s article!

@Ellen_Killoran, Great work…Thank you so much!

Thanks everyone for your input! Sorry I couldn’t get all the interviews in there, no time!

Is anyone here still waiting for payment??

Great job @Ellen_Killoran !

It’s great to see such a positive result from all our efforts, and I hope this makes them pull their socks up and re-think their strategy!! Thanks again to Ellen for her amazing article!!

Karen… are you in the US? So you are saying when they release it, it’s then another 2-3 days? Which is what it is when you send Paypal to your bank as well.

@konacoconutz To use my most recent payout: 9/13 guest check-in, 9/15 notice of payout from airbnb says the funds have been released and to expect the funds in my bank account by 9/18, “giving consideration for weekends and holidays”, and today, 9/16, the funds were deposited in my bank account. So I’m saying I get the payout notice two days after check-in (vs it really should be 24 hours per their policy), and the notice says to expect the funds in 2-3 days, BUT more likely than NOT the deposit comes in sooner than what the airbnb email tells me it will. I’m in the US in Virginia.

@karen… sounds very close to what you would get if they just had Paypal working correctly (which it does, let’s face it, most of the time.)

To use your example… if it were the paypal way, you would get the funds 9/14, transfer to your bank account and it would be credited within three days, although I have had it credit more quickly.

I didn’t see a TOS agreement request when I logged in to PP, so think I will just keep PP as the default unless there is a change in the TOS.

Thanks for your answer, it really helps in trying to determine what method is best…

So. curious question: when you receive funds from Airbnb in PayPal you don’t have to pay any service charges? I have only made payments via PayPal, but I had friend I would pay for web help and they would deduct fees from the funds I would send her…

@karen, no PP service fees apply, as of yet…

1 Like

Hi, I am wondering if you ever got this resolved. I am a super host and have had a few guests come and go and I have not gotten paid yet. The Airbnb policy says that host can expect payment within 48 hours I think after check-in? My guests have come and gone and I still have not gotten paid. I have verified that my information is correct with Airbnb so it’s not an error issue. I’m concerned because I need the money and I rented out my space in good faith expecting prompt payment pursuant to the policies and still have not gotten it. I chatted with an Airbnb agent and they said they could not give a reason for the delay, but that it will not be coming for 5 more days. That is ludicrous. That is outrageous. Is this fixed or is this still a problem from September of this year?