Parking manners

I’m hosting a group of 6 this weekend. They asked if local friends could come during the day and I said ok. When I left to do errands Sat am, there were two guest cars in my large driveway. When I returned, Two more cars had been parked, leaving no room for mine. I have extra parking by my garage which is uphill and to the side of my main driveway, maybe 100 feet away. I asked that two of the cars be moved, the guest who booked accepted my request with no problem, but when I was walking up the drive one of the guests asked if he could leave his car on the main driveway. I politely repeated my request that only two guest cars be on the main driveway,. It’s not as if he was elderly or disabled. Just lazy. I hadn’t spelt out as a rule re parking, but would have thought that the host of the group would have been considerate and realized it wasn’t acceptable for the entire driveway be blocked so that I had no place to park near my house.

But this is one excellent reason to just say no to additional guests. If this kind of thing starts happening too much your neighbors will complain, as well they should.

1 Like

The additional guests were fine. If all six registered guests came in 4 cars it would have been the same issue.

I don’t park in a driveway if I don’t own the place. Or there’s a legitimately giant driveway. That’s rude. Sorry that they took advantage of you like that.

I agree @sweep27, not without getting permission and definitely if I would be blocking someone in or out.

1 Like