One important note on female products

Lol @Magwitch you apologised to the wrong person! Should have been sorry to @Louise. And yes best to leave it, I think the topic has been exhausted.

Oh crap. I need new glasses. Or one less glass of wine. Probably both. Sorry folks (whew, cya) ! No offence intended.

1 Like

This thread has made my head hurt.

3 Likes

I can tell you where every usable loo is in central London, which is precious and few!

There are damn few loos in the underground stations. Only a few have them.

Sigh…must I be forced to lock this one down as well? Seems as though trash, hints,and loos has everyone’s ire up. :smile:

1 Like

Don’t think you need to; we’re all so tired now. And it was just banter back and forth, no personal insults anywhere that I can see :slight_smile:

Thank you for keeping an eye on things though!!

1 Like

My rental is a mother in law apartment in the basement. All water/waste from has to be pumped up to the sewer… Dental floss can get caught in the pump and destroy it… Trust me - its not pretty and is an expensive fix…

1 Like

No but there are plenty of people here who think their way is the “right way.” Kettles, duvets and all manner of linens (including kitchen dishtowels) and their colors, and now apparently, trash bins in the bathroom all have dug in positions with fortified bunkers.

2 Likes

Too true. AND some you have to pay for. The turnstiles only take 20p or whatever, and I had EVERY other coin. Painful memories.

Once you’ve learned to have the right change though, it’s great. I’d rather pay and have a clean restroom with paper.

1 Like

I’ve seen cleaner bushbogs than the loos at Waterloo train station.

1 Like

LOL! Well, I can imagine in a tube station. Still, it can’t be worse than if they were free.

NEVER! EVER! FLUSH DENTAL FLOSS!! It turns into a giant, tangled blob. Had a tenant cause a major plumbing disaster by doing that, at least according to the plumber who handed us the repair bill.

1 Like

It’s a few years since I was there, but I used to rely on department stores and fast food places :slight_smile:

Don’t forget public libraries, universities and most administrative buildings. :slight_smile:.

1 Like

I think in the UK it’s normal to flush tampons down the toilet at home, but there are warning signs not to do this in public spaces but use special receptacles provided for this purpose.

1 Like

Art galleries, museums, hotel lobbies…

In Winchester in the mid seventies (the Price sisters were incarcerated there) there were NO public bins in the entire city.

Where they ‘Anti-bin terrorists’ and managed to destroy them all?

(Hi J) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes in public we have the big plastic lady bins. I’ve actually never seen those anywhere else now I think of it …