Newly listed on Booking.com

Hi.

Yes it’s fine, I managed to fix it by getting a markup and for the extra persons fees, I have extra fees not included in the price (like cleaning fees) that get advantage to not getting booking.com commission fees

Hi Berry_Brachfeld,

I am fairly a newbee in hosting.
I also really wanted to know how do you validate or charge the credit card?

I am hosting property (for almost a month only) in another city which is managed by my property manager. I am hosting my property on Airbnb and Booking.com.

Only issue I have with booking.com I have is they do not collect payment for me like airbnb does and I do not want my property manager to get involved in finances.

If there is a way i can charge them from their credit card, i could be more comfortable.

Many thanks in Advance.

Use Stripe.

Basically when clients are booking you get the card details and can used stripe or other provider to charge the client.

edit: in some countries you can also ask booking.com to take care of payments, they will take care of charging clients and sending you as airbnb do

1 Like

In Colombia we have to do the charge. I use stripe.com
As the processor. First if I get a booking way in advance I’m booking.com. I try the credit card for a dollar to make sure it’s valid. Then I reverse. Second my settings are we charge in full 14 days prior to arrival. This way we sure we get payment and 14 days gives me enough time to hopefully fill the booking if card is no good.

1 Like

Thanks sylvainbg and Barry_Brachfeld.

Seems now I need to learn how to used stripe :slight_smile:

But another question… Where in booking.com do you get the credit card number?
I am not finding this detail anywhere in the booking request/confirmation.

Thanks for your responses.

admin.booking.com

then you select a booking, card details. To get the CVC you need to ask booking.com to unlock it. (Be careful you can only see one time the CVC code for one client).

1 Like

Thanks again sylvainbg for a prompt response, but I could not find the card details option. Please see screenshot from my admin page.

“View credit card details” on the right.

Do you use a channel manager, if yes that’s might be the reason you can’t see the card information

I’m not using any channel manager - believing RateIntelligence is not a channel manager… and still I don;t have the view card details option.:confused:

When you open up there extranet to the booking. The credit card information is password protected. You need to enter where it says “view credit card details”. Need to enter your username and password and a page opens with credit card details. Now depends on which version of the extranet you use it can very slightly. On one version it’s lower right hand corner. On newer version it’s on right hand side of screen. Both versions it’s always on the current booking.

Don’t understand why you don’t see it…maybe you need to call booking.com and ask them why you can t see clients credit card details

Do you have put that clients needs to put credit card information if they want to book?

I will have to do some research on my complete screen to find it…

That might not be able to be pressed anymore because it’s older then 15 days. So you only get to see the Cvc once. And credit card info is available for 14 days. 5 times max can you open it. I screen shot all credit card info until I need it.

Yes I am requiring credit card details. That’s why I have option of “Mark Invaild”.

I think I gotta contact booking.com guys.

Thanks for sparing your time

Barry,
I received this booking only today afternoon… (about 8 hours ago)

Some of you mentioned Stripe as a way to process credit card payments by your own.
Is it possible to use Paypal for the same purpose?

I am exploring the same. Apparently Paypal has the service, but only for US Customers.
Likewise Stripe.com. Only for US Customers :grin::disappointed:

I am using stripe and I am in sweden

How it works essentially?
I imagine that you load the credit card number & CVC and then apply the charge.
Where does the money load? Is it a virtual account as Paypal? If so, how do you withdraw the money to your bank account later?

Yes you are putting the card details + name and apply the charge.

The money get transfer to your account after some days.
You can make a refund.

1 Like