Newly listed on Booking.com

Hi. I am new and got no problem to have all information. I did accept card
payment on the platform and called to get the cvc activate

I agree the client service is really bad but…it s giving me very good results (I over charge booking clients compare to air bnb)

edit:compare to air bnb, I have only one concurrent listed, all others are hotels (easier for me to get higher price)

What do you mean by “concurrent”?

Competition that I meant.

Competitor, possibly.

So, you are getting a good number of bookings from booking.com? What is your location again?

Örebro Sweden

Least 20 characters

Here is my listing on Airbnb: https://www.airbnb.no/rooms/6901167?s=-tfR6VBv

Booking.com is providing me the credit card information when a guest books. However, I am only able to charge a credit card though my card reader when a physically have the card when the guest checks in. So I am yet not able to charge for no shows.
Booking.com are saying they do not offer the service to charge the guests, and then tranfer me the amount.
They told me they might do this later.

Sylvainbg: How are you able to charge a credit card? Are you running a business?

My parents in france have the service. Why do you not use strips? You could charge clients even if they are not there
Edit we are private

Sylvainbg: Do you have the web adress to Strips?

In dashboard. Click payment create new payment. Don t forget booking show only one time the cvc number

Hello , I am booking.com user for last 3 years , but i dont accept credit cards and people pay with cash on arrival.Its not problem for me , but for cancellations i would like to charge them somehow , i dont have physical device to put thru credit card since they dont arrive. I just created account on stripe , could you explain me a bit how it works with booking.com and should i call them to tell them to enable stripe payments for me ? If you could explain a bit to private message i would be grateful! I am from Croatia

First you need to put that you accept credit card on booking and call them to get also cvc number then each time a client book you will get card details. Then on stripe dashboard payment create payment,put client card details and stripe will charge the card and send you the money. Of you need to verify your account and give your bank details on stripe

1 Like

oh that is so great to hear! Lets hope not many are using fake credit card’s info :wink: But i have no problem with that anyway because even tho they cancel i get instant rebooked , thank you for your help!

I always try the client card as soon they book if fake or wrong click invalid card details. Client will get cancel or you can make them cancel if no update of 24 h. I do a test with the minimum amount like0.5 dollars and give full refund by clicking refund on stripe if it s work. It s free

Just registered at stripe.com and tested my own card. Sucess! :slight_smile:
So now I can charge guests upfront in case of No Shows or cancellations. (I have a strict cancellation policy on Booking.com)

Thank you Sylvain! :smiley:

2 Likes

Congratulations, @Bobas!

One question about people using booking.com. How do you handle security deposits? Do you get the security deposit in cash from the guest, put a shadow charge on a credit card, or something else?

This is an important detail:

allows guests booking from within your country

This means I can still ask my overseas foreign bookers for creditcard details.
And local people can make a bank transfer.

Chris: I do only accept credit cards. For security reasons.
Faheem: Booking.com does not operate with deposits. However, like any hotel, I can always charge their credit card if anything is missing or broken.

Hi @Bobas,

I see. BTW, you need to put @ in front of people’s names if you want them to be notified?

So, from the preceding discussion, booking.com essentially only offers the equivalent of Airbnb’s instant booking option, is that right? So you have no option to reject guests that you don’t like the look of? What about people who do things like book for 1 person and turn up with 3 people? Or people who book for other people? And there are other fun possibilities like that - just see this site.