Newly listed on Booking.com

Your place looks quite sensational :heart_eyes: !

Are there other AirBnB’s close by? Maybe you are so far out in the countryside that people aren’t looking for a place there. Maybe they have to scroll the map for your property and that’s where things go wrong.
Consider making a Facebook page, business cards to hand out when you’re traveling, etc. …

At € 40,00 I think your listing would be underpriced. Totally underpricing is never good, because when price and given service become totally unrelated, people will mistrust and not book. And with people that do book, given service and satisfaction will also become totally unrelated, setting you up for fussy clients and unjustified bad reviews. But I see that you have upped your price, so that’s good.

One comment: Towels once a week is really minimal. Or do you provide 3-4 towels per person? With a price of € 80,00 per day, one towel a week would be totally unacceptable to me.

And a small question: “We speak your language.” I don’t know how many languages you speak, but not everyone speaks English. I think it would be better to specify what languages guests can expect to be attended in.

Thanks for the feedback.
I think the location is an issue for people who are not travelling by car. There are a couple of airbnbs at a similar distance from the town but they are rooms in someone’s house- so maybe not the same target. Their prices are very low. I think you are right on the price. I have a whole villa listed in Lugano and although I started quite low last summer (too low) I quickly raised the prices and have had consistently 5 stars reviews. I have noticed that people who are looking for something cheap, just ask too many questions and never book. I have learnt not to bother with them. I also price at 50 to 80% above the AirBNB price tips in Lugano and am about 70% booked for June to September.

So I have put my prices for Sicily up to 80 and 95 for the high season on both sites- I prefer to host less frequently for double the money anyway! We are planning to develop websites for both listings. I have already got them on Instagram but am still learning how to use that as a marketing tool.

Good tip on the towels- in fact our housekeeper is so good, she changes the sheets and towels whenever they need it- so I will amend that towel change bit.

On the languages - that is something that is added by Booking ( along with most of the text).
I speak 4 languages and the housekeeper is Polish - so five languages are listed. I think the site automatically gives you that message if your language is one that we cover.

Thanks again for your help- I appreciate it

1 Like

Hello Sylvainbg

Can you please tell me what is your website? and what software or application you are using? I am also considering of having my own website as well, since in the next 4-5 months I would have more than 10 properties to play with.

Best Regards

My main website is http://www.almbybnborebro.se/
For booking I have one with my channel manager that have my price and automaticly linked to all chanels (including markup)

ask me in private if you want more information on the channel manager

1 Like

I had mine listed on booking.com as well as air. Be careful. You don’t get a cent in payment until 10 clear working days after your booking leaves(and it can be longer). I had to chase and chase to get my money!! Now don’t list with booking.com. Never again!!

Yep, a friend listed with them and not only did she say she got the worst quality of guests through them, she never got paid at all for any of the stays. After months of calling and arguing with them, she just gave up.