New to Hosting - Need advice for managing property out of state

I would recommend that you ask her to spend at least one night at your house so she learns its quirks.

1 Like

Yes, there is a reason PMs don’t like short term rentals. They ar hellaciously hard work for very little return. So you are saying that you would rent to longer term guests or long term tenants?

I have a co host and it is my brother. That’s not really going to solve all that much I don’t think. I don’t think you are going to find a ton of people looking to sign up as co host. It could be a feature they offer in the future however.

People here have made some valid points, but I think it’s worth considering remote management. You can always hire a property manager later. Ideally you know somebody local like the part-time Uber driver mentioned above. A “real” property manager is going to take almost all of your profit. The days of making a killing on Airbnb are over.
I’ve been managing my remote property (1200 miles away) for over a year. It’s not a whole lot more difficult, or I wouldn’t do it any more! For me, having a super-reliable cleaner is key. I tried Handy for a while before I found the cleaner of my dreams, and once their cleaner simply didn’t show up at the appointed time. Their support basically shrugged and said, “Not our problem.” Needless to say I’ll never use them again. My cleaner is local and independent and we communicate weekly.
I also have a local handyman who takes care of some of the maintenance. I travel to my flat every couple of months so I do the rest.
Make sure you have a really great guidebook, and print it out for guests to read…they simply won’t read it online.

1 Like

They offered me at least 6 cohost options and one of them is .5 km from me. She could literally walk to me in minute. Im meeting with her next week.

1 Like

They have a cohost feature. They gave me at least 6 options

1 Like

Wow, that is new! Well it is a good idea. Hopefully it works out.

1 Like