New listing, no bookings. Is anything wrong?

Thank you! Running depreciated :slight_smile: Tram stations inserted :slight_smile:

1 Like

Many thanks konacoconutz, cyclopath finally deleted :smiley:

1 Like

What district in Prague? I guarantee potential visitors are paying attention to that.

I have done that, @faheem! I made a topic the other day asking if it would be a good idea to delete a new listing with no bookings and set up a new (identical) one, in order not to waste the famous new-host boost - in case somebody is interested or has some help to offer, itā€™s at: New host & I think I blew it... should I replace my listing? - Airbnb hosts forum

(wonā€™t repeat the whole long story here as Iā€™m really getting shy about invading the thread haha)

I was looking for my page randomly and realised it was not coming up because airbnb has put as an automatic filter ā€œinstant bookā€.
One would have to realise that, and manually take off the instant book setting.
Once I took off instant book I was the first listing.
Not really fair to the rest of us.

I got my first booking 45 minutes after I put it up. The second came in an hour later and I was fully booked for the month in 24 hours.

I am in London though ā€¦ and this was 2 years ago. Way less market saturation.

30 minutes :slight_smile:

:sob:
ā€¦

@MaMa. About an hourā€¦ Iā€™m at the beach, on an island. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Similar here. Being daft, I made the listing live without photographs. The first inquiry responded that he would book as soon as he saw photographs. He did and was a lovely guest.

We also got our first booking within the hour. But this was the third week of May and Seattle high season was about to really begin.

So: after having complained so much about lack of bookings, I just got a booking requestā€¦ and declined it!!!

It was from a young woman with no reviews or ID who wanted to come with four other young people with no reviews or ID; aim of trip: they are going to a rock festival in the end of March (huge one). The request came last night; I thought and thought, felt more and more uncomfortable and in doubtā€¦ My husband on the other hand had no doubt at all and voted for NO WAY.

Soā€¦ I just declined her :astonished:. Contradictory maybeā€¦ but we went with our guts.

Right after that I finally followed your advice @jaquo , and raised my prices - really I donā€™t want to be within the radar of groups of concert-goers! As my city is perhaps the South American capital of rock concerts, I fear this might repeat. I hope I didnā€™t do it very wrong againā€¦

2 Likes

I completely understand your misgivings and I would have declined this group as well for a whole house rental. I STR a private room in my house and they have their own ensuite entrance and separate bathroom. We have a couple of small music festivals here in my town but big enough for people to come from out of town. Last labor day I had 2 different couples make last minute reservations, one for Friday night and one for Saturday night. Both couples were great guests. So donā€™t rule out renting for the festivals. Just raise your prices for that time period and any other with major events, make sure you have a substantial deposit in place and screen your guests.

Iā€™m glad you said thisā€¦ After the event I was second-guessing myself. Then I asked my son and his friends (in their 20s) and they said they think I did right - I guess they must know what theyā€™re talking about :slight_smile:

Also, I told them that if they or their friends are coming for the festival, the flat would be available. Iā€™ve now blocked the dates but would unblock for known people. This is a kind of huge thing, with a 80,000 people a day capacity; and lasts 3 days (https://www.lollapaloozabr.com/)ā€¦ so there maybe still a chance Iā€™d get a host among my sonā€™s friends (I should have thought of this before, maybe).

For the next concerts - I hope a higher price will already help a bit; also, I donā€™t think Iā€™d be so distrustful if at least one of them had a longer Air record or reviewsā€¦ What do you think?

Plenty of older, responsible people go to events of this sort. I went to Austin City Limits Music Festival (very similar line up) 4 times in the last 12 years and Iā€™m almost 60.[quote=ā€œMaMa, post:34, topic:11767ā€]
I donā€™t think Iā€™d be so distrustful if at least one
[/quote]
My festival goers didnā€™t have prior reviews. Sure some good reviews would be reassuring but Iā€™m not sure they mean much. Iā€™d have a discussion with potential renters and make it clear that you donā€™t want a big party there, no guests that arenā€™t on the reservation, that kind of thing.

Very true. I think what happened is just those first ones were very young and I couldnā€™t screen them properly - not a reason for me to give up on the concerts public altogether, you are absolutely right.

1 Like