New bill signed by Cuomo in New York

I get NYC is not Chicago. The earlier post suggested the law applied to cities with a population over 1mill and then appeared to suggest only NYC had a high enough population.

Cities with a population over 1 million in the State of New York.

Ah thanks for the clarification. So New York City is in the state of New York.

Yes. New York City is in the State of New York. Cuomo is the Governor of the State of New York. Our states are quite autonomous for certain kinds of regulations.

We are talking about a NYS law. The person I was responding to hosts in NYS. This whole thread is about New York State. Nowhere else.

2 Likes

NYS = New York State, for those that are not familiar with the abbreviations.

Hey everyone, my name is James Farrell and I’m a reporter with the Queens Tribune newspaper based out in Whitestone, Queens. I’m trying to do a story to understand how this law affects Airbnb hosts in Queens and I’m trying to get in touch with hosts who have been affected by the law (either positively or negatively) to hear their perspectives. If anyone is interested in speaking with me, or knows someone who might be, please let me know. You can email me at jfarrell@queenstribune.com or call me on my office phone during the day at (718) 357-7400 x 127. I’d love to hear your stories. Thanks so much!