My Tip For Great Reviews.....The Guest Wall

We have a guest wall too. 80 stays 70 reviews. The place used to be a restaurant. They noted the daily menu on this wall. I just kept it.
It’s nice for the guests and I like looking at it too.

4 Likes

we have a retro theme so my 10 yr old daughter made these and most people fill one out while they stay. We leave them clipped together in there for others to read

2 Likes

what a great idea! something to think about thank you

Keep ALL your guest books! I have mine from the day we started in 1986 and am just about to start Number 13–or 12b? Can’t decide, perhaps I’ll just call it Book A.

We have four guest books at our cottage going back to 1949. In all that time 2 became famous: “Pete” Jennings who went on to stardom as a US journalist and Adrianne Po who became Governor General of Canada. But it’s a long game!! I

2 Likes

Severa people have already mentioned maps, so let me introduce you to mine. It’s where you scratch off the part where you’re from. Like a lottery ticket. It’s pretty cool and everyone does it and love it so far (except for one retarded Chinese guest who violently scratched away the ‘Japanese’ from ‘Japanese Sea’)

Here’s what I mean. They are plentiful and cheap on amazon:

Hmm, what part of the world still misuses the term retarded? Oh, the irony!

1 Like

Of course, the Chinese Government believes that the ocean in question belongs to them. They do not call it the Japanese anything. That was a political statement. Probably knows his/her geography better than this host.

1 Like

I don’t have that but as I get a lot of people with dogs staying I have left out a “Doggie Guestbook”. It’s actually a book of photos of dogs jumping and running called “Dogs in the Air”. I ask guests to find their canine companion among the various breeds and leave their pooches name and date of visit next to the photo. Seems very popular. There is extra work with doggie guests, mostly cleaning, but I find the guests are so happy to find a genuinely dog friendly place (muddy dog paw prints on the bed sheets, no problem!) they show their appreciation in the review and comments.

1 Like

And you only need a Russian or Antarctic guest and you’ve hit the jackpot!

Cool idea!

I’m dog friendly but don’t really care for the muddy paw prints. I have those on my own bedsheets but try to keep them off the guest sheets.