Moderate cancellation policy gave guest full refund on day of check in

The cancellation email for a booking cancelled on check in day stated “Per your Moderate cancellation policy, a complete refund was given to the guest.”. What gives???

Huh? That doesn’t make sense to me?

What did Airbnb say when you called them about it?

Exactly what I thought!

I was put on hold and then told I will have a case manager call and explain it to me because the CSR I spoke with was unauthorized to discuss it with me.

That’s very strange - what was the out come when you spoke to Air?

No resolution yet. It was 3 hours ago. Although was told that the “urgent” status was given to the request…no idea why, especially when I didn’t say it was urgent or anything.

ugh… Change to strict!

To make you believe you’re a priority. Air are so transparent it’s hilarious …

2 Likes

I believe that this “full refund was given to guest” message is a glitch in the system. I got the same message last week after a guest cancelled the day before check-in (my cancellation policy is set to strict) and still received the full payout on the Saturday. Take a closer look at your email where it says ORIGINAL PAYOUT and NEW PAYOUT.

3 Likes

So what’s the resolution?

1 Like

We are also on strict policy and today we had someone cancel. She thought she would get a whole apartment for the price of a room with a shared bathroom :confounded:. “Can we cancel? - Yes, YOU can cancel!”:laughing:.
The message said “Full refund was given to guest”. But in the actual receipt our guest only got 50% refunded. (It’s more than a week out.)

1 Like

lol that’s happened to me. Apparently a one bedroom flat for £30 is entirely a realistic expectation.

2 Likes

I have also had the “full refund was given to guest” email, when all they were refunded was the cleaning fee. It’s obviously a canned message that doesn’t reflect the actual refund given, which is detailed in the same email in the form of modified payout details.

1 Like

Wonder if the guests are also getting emails saying they’ve got a full refund …

1 Like

I assume that “full refund was given to guest” means a full refund according to the cancellation policy. In other words, the guest has received all the money they are due.

1 Like

The guest did actually get their money back in full and I got nothing. The resolution was that they made a payment to me so that I got what I was due, minus the cleaning fee since they didn’t check in. I never got any responses as to why this error occurred.

1 Like