Melbourne vacation anyone?

Hello fellow hosts! My partner and I have an Airbnb in Melbourne, Australia and we’re planning on taking a vacation at the end of February for about 10 days. We still wanted to have guests but we’re struggling with the logistics of it. Does anyone have suggestions on how they negotiated that? Alternatively, any hosts here want a place to stay here in Melbourne for 10 days? The only catch is having to help out with some hosting duties!

Most major cities have a local BNB facebook or other local Group. I would suggest posting on a local group for an experienced host to help and agree a rate for their services.

Alternatively I would imagine there is a local BNB that could quote you for the services you need?

Enjoy your break

@ALCH, while you might not be able to use it for this trip, VacationHosting at http://vacationhosting.com has Home Exchange feature with optional work exchange that you are looking for, alongside regular hosting, for hosts going on vacation and needing someone to stay at their homes as exchange for pay, for your future trips.

However, if you are going on the trip at the end of February as you stated, you might be able to use VacationHosting for your trip.

There are several hosts here who rent their places while the’re away or even host remotely. I’m full of admiration for them because I truly don’t think I could do it.

Hosting is so much more than handing over the keys, cleaning and doing a house tour. I have someone who I’ve thoroughly trained to take over from me in an emergency but we had a dry run when I was here just to ensure that he was doing everything right. (Even role playing - with me playing the part of the guest!)

It’s a good idea to get an experienced Airbnb host though because Airbnb hosts are a different animal altogether.

Try the Facebook group ''Air bnb Master Hosts Melbourne group.