Large Group (16) wanting to rent house for weekend - Advice from Experienced U?

Make sure you spell out the exact way you want the space left - in detail. Also, charge a fee per night for the pet, and a pet deposit. $25 should work for each stay, and $200 for pet deposit? I can accommodate 7 at the max, in a two bedroom space. Being in a legal pot area, I get visitors who want to do Dispensary Tours, and these tend to be young. I had a group of 6 film students and that was a disaster (all men). A group of 7 check in tomorrow night, also 25 and 26 year olds. I have found that living above the unit helps keep things quieter, but your new rules, if tightened up, should help. 10 or 12 people max in a 5 bedroom home. So far, no problems with large groups exept for the one, and that was my first bad experience in 7 months.

I’ve hosted 14 before.
Luckily no problems. Was a large extended family! I’ve turned down some groups interested in hen night celebrations, as had feeling they woukd get crazy!
So I guess you play it by ear.
I didn’t take a deposit for the 14, but as others have said that woukd be a good idea as a lot can go wrong.
The most damage I’ve had has been from long stays. A family with a two week stay!

I have a lot of group bookings, they bring huge sums of many in my account. :slight_smile:
This month I had 3 group bookings of 12-17 people, and for next month I have 5 of them back to back.

It all depends on the group. The best group was a bunch of students, they went out at 9:00 to ski and came back at 17:00, went out to eat again, came back and went to sleep.

The worst one was a group with lots of small children and infants, they stayed in bed until 10:00, went out at 12:00 came back at 15:00, and stayed up until 02:00 in the morning. And there was always someone staying at home.

Most important is to find out why the group is here and what their plans are. Yes, there are always some small parties, but that is part of the business, you cannot expect these group to not have any fun.

2 Likes