King Bed Vs. Queen Bed in 1 Bedroom condo?

Yes! We finally switched to a king when we were expecting our 4th because all of our kids always wound up in bed with us anyway. I think in the case of the OP, his room is too small to justify a King bed (mine too sadly, it barely fits a queen). But I know a king would be a deciding factor for my family all other things being equal.

Well, the queen was ordered before the Nest rep Josh saw the request for a King - so there we are.

The room it would go in was always the ‘dog’ room - the leftover room. But it’s going to be totally redone, and a king would have fit. Oh, well, a queen will have to suffice! At least I don’t have to buy king-sized stuff, and since I have another queen the sheets I have can be used on either. I won’t have to worry which is which.

Still, it would have been a great selling point…

1 Like

He can change it if it hasn’t shipped yet.

1 Like

I like king sized beds as well but only offer queen sized beds - I don’t want to wash the larger sheets and they are harder to put on and take off in my opinion. More to wash. More expensive.

2 Likes

He did write back and ask which I wanted. I ran down stairs to the room and set up furniture and pillows to mock up the king size. There was still 2’ on each side, and a good 4’ at the foot of the bed, but, it did swallow up the room. Also, I would have had to buy all-new everything. And I’d have two different sheets sizes. So after my kids and I looked at it and discussed it, I kept with the queen size. I was still a little torn, but it really is done now. Yes, I think I would have picked up a few more bookings because of the king sized bed, but my daughter said “then they will expect a room to match but the bed takes up most of the room”.

1 Like

Ahhh, I see. Definitely not a fit for your room. I had the room in my suite and was able to upgrade, although it entailed buying a new platform ($74), new mattress pad ($20) and new sheets ($20.) because I was upgrading from a queen. That was keeping it on the cheap side! I laid the queen size comforter sideways and it’s got to do for now.

I don’t think i’ll get more bookings because I have the king but it was an opportunity to upgrade the room at a minimal cost. I am happy with the way everything looks.

2 Likes