I've created a script using Gmail and Airbnb to automatically send instructions emails to upcoming guests

I’m an experienced Airbnb host with many listings and I’ve created a tool that saves me hours! This is a script that automatically sends the arrival instructions email to the guests 7 days and 1 day before their arrival.

It saves me hours of frustration and wicked calls at night from guests that doesn’t check the instructions themselves.

This script works if your Airbnb email account is on Gmail. I will gladly explain more or set this script for a small fee for other hosts.

Hi!

I am sorry to be this guy, but this seems similar to what http://avivaiq.com does as a product, for free (for the time being at least).

However, in my experience, Airbnb customer service doesn’t keep a log of emails exchanged between guests and hosts (although they are processed under their proxy). So if a guest complains because they have not received that email, Airbnb will systematically side with the guest if they complain.

Anyway: nice to welcome you on Smartbnb! We don’t send messages over email for this limitation, but we do send native Airbnb messages.

Maybe they’ve changed it now but they do keep log of emails sent using their proxy emails (@reply.airbnb.com). I can see those emails in the messages history in my Airbnb account.

Messages sent via the Airbnb email aliases, or proxy (whatever is more accurate) don’t always show up in the message history. Airbnb’s software is… erratic, to put it mildly.

1 Like

I rarely get any emails guests send me via ABB, highly unreliable, I do always get messages and always contact guests via that method.

Ive not seen you post on the forum before @janalopa, given your such an experienced host, what a shame you have only posted this message to make a profit off other site users rather than offer to explain the service you use for free. I am happy to provide any of my advice to other hosts or guests for free, thats the kind of site this is.

3 Likes

I offered free consulting. To implement it it takes hours how do you expect me to do it for free?

Hi all,

I’m new to airhostsforum. Thank you for pointing people towards Aviva IQ. It is indeed a free product that allows Airbnb Hosts to automate their messages. Automated messages get sent through the Airbnb message thread, to email, and/or to SMS.

I want to make sure we learn as much as possible from all of you, so I am happy to offer free consulting to anyone considering signing up to use Aviva IQ.

Stay away from aviva iq. I used this tool for a year and ended up canceling because it was overpriced, buggy, and barely had any features compared to similar tools. A year later, they improperly charged me nearly $1000 even though i canceled. When i let them know, they admitted to overcharging me but then never sent a refund. I tried calling, texting, email, and even reaching out on airbnb. Josh’s communication is so bad i was surprised when he actually responded. If this is how they handle something simple that can be addressed in minutes with a few clicks, imagine how much stress you’ll have when theyre managing your rental property. I had to do a chargeback with my credit card company since after 2 months i still havent gotten a refund for the overcharged amount

Use a tool like smartbnb, its cheaper, has a ton more features, and is super responsive if you have questions