Inaugeration Dates & Prices

Wishful thinking for some of us… but there may not be an inauguration just quite yet! This is a reputable news source.

You should hold out! Inauguration is still 30 plus days away. I would hang tight until the 14 day mark.

3 Likes

Oh good for you!! I hope they are fabulous guests, one-and-all

There will be an inauguration, or some serious constitutional consequences. But Democrats can dream meantime. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I haven’t studied it that closely, but, won’t there still be an inauguration of some kind? They still have to pick someone by January 6, right?

“If no Presidential candidate wins 270 or more electoral votes, a majority, the 12th Amendment to the Constitution provides for the House of Representatives to decide the Presidential election. If necessary the House would elect the President by majority vote, choosing from the three candidates who received the greatest number of electoral votes. The vote would be taken by state, with each state having one vote.”

Can you imagine if Ms. Clinton is chosen? From the hospitality standpoint that’s gonna be cra cra.

You are a braver ‘man’ than me…

1 Like

Those are some great thoughts, @Zandra, thank you!

Hehe I know you’ll wait it out. Glad I can live vicariously though you because I’m a chicken :wink:

Clinton won’t be elected, despite winning the popular vote. If electors block Trump, it’s possible they will have another “suitable” Republican in mind to name. 20 electors have already said they will block. We only need 17 more. Yesterday it was a moonshot. Today it’s a little more possible.

It may be a crisis but the founders clearly outlined that they did not want a demogogue, someone unfit or someone influenced by foreign powers. Trump is all three.

I’d rather have some civil unrest than a nuclear crisis.

4 Likes

Maybe the EC won’t pick anyone and then it goes to the House of Reps and they will pick Trump. Then in 2 years we’ll have a referendum on the Trump presidency when they all stand for re-election.

1 Like

You can do it!! I would at least wait until 30 days before you change your price.

11 posts were split to a new topic: Branched thread discussing politics

Having seen the pictures from the inauguration (33% of the attendance in previous years) and also the analysis of subway rides in the area, @dcmooney well done on getting a booking. Now more than ever I don’t believe the hype that says everything was sold out.

2 Likes

@dcmooney Wow the news coverage is amazing so many folks I would be interested to hear what your group of women that planned to attend the march have to say!