Inaugeration Dates & Prices

I agree. Without chocolate how are you supposed to comfort yourself over the election results?

4 Likes

Completely barking mad. Congratulations, @dcmooney.

Did you get it booked? I think you will. Trump supporters are clearly in the majority (yes, I know not popular, but electoral). You are very close to many ā€˜redā€™ states, so I bet they will travel and $$$.

1 Like

Not yet. There are still a number of listings available where the host hasnā€™t caught on. And maybe 3 chain hotels (not in DC, but just a bit farther out than me). They are putting the floor in the space today, I think.

I hear so many noises down there - sanding and whirring and I donā€™t know what all. I THINK they are installing the doors. So hard to not be done there every minute watching it come to be.

Iā€™m keeping an eye on booking.com and travelocity to see how that goes.

Patience, I understand, is a virtue.

If I book at $900 Iā€™llā€¦ok I was going to say pee my pantsā€¦I will definitely owe my good comrades here a beer!!!

As a good anecdote ā€¦ we have a VERY large conference here in Barcelona at the end of Feb. The first year we rented the flat out, I forgot to raise prices, last year I raised 3x this year I took a risk and did 5x. We got booked last night with a 4 night min. Hold you position friend!!!

2 Likes

Actually, thatā€™s a fairly accurate picture. And I assume you mean defecating, not dedicating. Apparently India is the unquestioned world leader in outdoor defecation. Someone pointed me to an article about it, some time ago. China is a distant second.

Though I must confess Iā€™m not sure what youā€™re getting at with this message. But itā€™s late, and Iā€™m tiredā€¦

3 Likes

Dc you will get that just be careful on other platforms that allow easy cancelations (booking.com) When we have Art Basel here in Miami we get insane prices for hotels so I figured you will get that amount for Inauguration.

2 Likes

made headlines in ireland too, disgraceful messing with perfection.

2 Likes

wow, @dcmooney this sounds really exciting, please lets us know how this pans out. My city has a few big events coming and ive blocked dates just to see how high others will go before posting my prices. My plan is to wait 3/4 weeks out before opening the dates up. quadruple your normal rate sounds awesome!

1 Like

If I lived in the DC area Iā€™d have my prices jacked up too. With Hillary winning Iā€™d have had friends in my space for free. So, Iā€™d look at the bright side.

I was just in the DC area two weeks ago, discussing the inaugural with my friends. Although I was invited, Iā€™d already concluded that my hatred of the cold would preclude my attending.

Welcome back!!! I hope your trip was great.

Thanks, it was. 4700 miles over 16 days. I still didnā€™t get to South Carolina though.

1 Like

Wow! Thatā€™s impressive! We missed you!

Start a thread about what you learned being an airbnb guest! Or add the the one someone else started awhile back.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s hilarious. How many states do you still have left to vist now? Are you sure you donā€™t have a warrant out for your arrest in SC? - Lol!

Yes, please do start another thread if you were an airbnb guest and wish to share the good, bad, and the ugly. If you happened to stop in NC and stayed at my rental - (please be niceā€¦) :smile:

1 Like

Well having worked in international development and human rights for much of my career, its certainly an India I know. having traveled there including to Delhi and Mumbai Lack of sanitation, resulting in people having to ā€˜goā€™ outside is a major issue in many developing countriesā€¦I think the word you were looking for was actually defecating.

The BBC is one of the best international media I know and far more independent then most.

2 Likes

I only got one off the list, Delaware. So remaining states are ND (maybe Iā€™ll go to Standing Rock next spring and get myself arrested), ME, NJ and SC.

1 Like

@Robert Dudley If rather than mocking others, you actually want to educate yourself a little on the realities of lives for millions of the poorer communities in India have a look here http://www.wateraid.org/where-we-work/page/india

I was so excited to visit DC in January last year because of the cold!!! We love the cold, my sons and I!
Weā€™ve been in Hawaii too long. LOL.

Welcome back K9. Weā€™ve missed you. :smiley:

2 Likes

Donā€™t forget 4 night minimum stay and strict cancellation policy. this happens only every 4 years, people coming will be doing so for business reasons, so will likely deduct as business expense.

1 Like

Ha! If I get a 2nd cancellation I can pocket some nice cash for nothing!

Good tips!