Inaugeration Dates & Prices

BTW - curious as to how many days is this whole event? Or what days are most travelers looking to book?

Last group had booked for 5 nights.

But thatā€™s a great question, and I donā€™t know the answer.

Hyatt is all 5 people crammed into a 542 sq ft room. Embassy is usually a separate bedroom - but I canā€™t find it on the list anymore.

I think I have 750 sq feet. I need to check.

There are still a few chains that have relative bargains. Most are $1,000 or more a night.

Fun thing is I have my son sitting here looking at it with me and ā€˜helpingā€™ me. Home schooling at itā€™s finest.

I donā€™t know who would come! Most school-aged kids would be in school. Yes, I canā€™t change my ā€˜per personā€™ rate, but itā€™s only $15 per, so, at these prices, irrelevant.

Well he is a getting a lesson in economicsā€¦lol. :smile:

Have you set a minimum night stay? You donā€™t want someone sneaking in and booking just 2 nights, unless that is how long the majority of the attendees are going to stay.

I take back my $725 a night. You have two separate bedrooms. That is such a huge draw because you know itā€™s not likely 2 couples are going to stay in the same hotel room. They would book two different rooms.

Oh, man, WHAT WOULD I DO WITHOUT YOU GUYS?!

The minimum night stay is brilliantā€¦

oh, but, Iā€™m dead dead dead dead dead (4th time Iā€™ve said it, lol) so donā€™t want to do that for other datesā€¦

Well, Iā€™ll set that and hopefully book quick for the inauguration.

RE: the two bedrooms - totally. People love having that space - whatever the combo of the group. Plus having a separate living area - very nice when in a group.

Dang I gotta run out and get that fireplace!!

But - everyone - what about waiting until AFTER I get the photos up of the new space? Maybe as early as Saturday night?

Yes, I think I should waitā€¦

Right, @cabinhost - home schooling is hardly a panacea nor perfect, but itā€™s moments like this when they get involved in real life that I love. Especially as this kid has special delays, sitting with him as he logically thinks it through, and hearing his reasoning, is so interesting.

1 Like

You can set a minimum night stay just for those dates, under the availability settings tab.

For New Yearā€™s week I have a 7 night minimum, although my base min. is 2 nights.

Iā€™m thinking now you should price at $1,000 at least.

freetoursbyfoot.com says:

Where to Stay for Inauguration

Plan early because hotel rooms quickly sell out in Washington D.C. during inauguration. Keep in mind, many hotels will require you to have a 4 night minimum for inauguration weekend. - See more at: http://www.freetoursbyfoot.com/how-to-attend-inauguration-2017/#sthash.A2FUGMJL.dpuf

No, I canceled that one after you told me the area was sketchy and also when I looked it up on google street and saw graffitiā€¦ We ended up on Embassy Row in DuPont Circle at the Normandy! A dream location.

DCā€¦ I would raise the rate to $700 or 800 per night with a four night minimum. Like Dudley said, you can always fill it later if you donā€™t get that.

1 Like

Yes, I remember, and I think of you every time I drive down that street (our doctorā€™s office is near there)!! People may still have to walk past homeless people to get to where they are going. Not many people would prefer that. I always feel thankful you got out of that deal. The hotel you were booked in still sits between abandoned buildings and next to a junky auto place.

Good Morning! Iā€™ve been waiting for you to wake up and chime in!! :slight_smile:

Well, that was super helpful, especially, as it gave me a link to hostels which are asking $450 a night for 2 people, with shared bath.

1 Like

In actuality, we realized that location would have been closer to my sonā€™s intern houseā€¦ But since he didnā€™t actually move in to housing until the last second it didnā€™t matter. It was a Hyatt, right?

We loved our location in DuPont although it was an uphill from the metro.

Just to add dc, beware of making the charge for added people too cheaply; a place at $500 for 2, at $750 for 5 is even a better bargain. It took me a long time to do this, before I was making my job 2x harder for practically ā€˜nothingā€™.

It will be an exciting Inauguration. Have fun.

1 Like

I donā€™t think there is any reason to wait. People will want to book quickly before it sells out. Unlike seated events like the Superbowl, there is no limit to how many people can go to Washington. They may not even care about the amenities. If you want, put in a picture of the construction and caption it with ā€œpreparing a new fabulous space for your stay during the inauguration! We are providing (list new features)ā€

Personally, I would test the waters with a very, very high price and see how your stats are looking. You can adjust a little every day if itā€™s not as hot as you want.

Also, remember that you can always set minimum stays and prices by date ranges.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got it at $900 a night now. Thatā€™s insane, right @Robert_Dudley?

Between Prince Harry and Toblerone is front page here in Spain as wellā€¦at least English speaking news.

This mornings paper did have a Hitler Looking Trump on itā€¦

3 Likes

Well, chocolate is important too. Politics is politics, but chocolate is creamy goodness.

1 Like

Poor deluded people. Sorry, I had to say that.

3 Likes

Unfortunately not it has been headlining all day on all the major channels and online versions of the nationals.