I'm at my limit, just venting

Oh, I see. That’s very handy. Congratulations on your dog and his training.

1 Like

Dogs have a sense of identity.

1 Like

Make your own thread! :wink:

Self check out…I hate that b!+Ch. She is so slow.

1 Like

Great comment! To me, and this is just my opinion, burn out means that you’re in the wrong job - or arranging your bookings incorrectly.

Yes, a week of same day turnovers can be pretty tiring if you do the cleaning yourself but think how much we’re saving on gym membership. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No, I doubt they had time. They were probably busy trying to stay alive and fed. And not get beaten, probably.

Hahaha…And if you’re lucky, she thinks you’re a secret shopper working for The Man, and she’ll follow you around like a poodle the next time you’re in the store, carrying your produce right to the checkout. You’re a grocery VIP now.

2 Likes

Exactly. [quote=“Robert_Dudley, post:159, topic:12596”]
End Rant
[/quote]

No self check out where you live I guess.

1 Like

I think I have a mystery chip somewhere in my body that sends the scanner into ‘unexpected item’ meltdown. This is old now but it still makes me chuckle:

1 Like

I know this is an old topic but that is me at the self serve but I usually go too fast. At least I’m keeping people employed to help me out

The main benefit of Obamacare, as far as I can see, is that it means people with pre-existing conditions actually have access to insurance. My husband was uninsured until Obamacare came in. He worked in a two-person business, so he couldn’t get it through his job, and he had health concerns dating back to a bad car accident when he was a teenager, so the insurance companies refused to cover him whatever he paid. Now, they can’t do that. There are still a ton of holes in the system, unfortunately, and it needs an overhaul. But for some of us, it is better than what we had before.

6 Likes

OMG I can’t believe they refused to insure your husband how awful.

What would that mean if he needed treatment - that you would have to pay or go without?

My sister was diabetic, meaning she had a pre-existing condition. She could have gotten insurance for some ungodly rate like $500 a month on her husband’s policy but she wouldn’t be covered for the first year. That’s right, she would have to pay but couldn’t make any claims for a year. So she chose to go without insurance for about 15 years. She would pay for the Dr. visits she needed to stay alive. She bought her insulin and other meds in Mexico. We are right on the border so that was an option.

When she turned 65 she qualified for Medicare which is our national health care for people 65 and up. She started going to the DR for all the check ups and tests she’d missed previously. It was discovered that she’d had a mild heart attack and needed a triple bypass heart surgery. So that surgery and hospitalization was largely paid for by the taxpayers. Ironically, despite this, she and her husband voted Republican and opposed “government healthcare.”

3 Likes

Pretty much. We sort of hoped he didn’t get sick or in an accident, and luckily he didn’t. But we would have had to pay out of pocket if he had.

People in the US often vote against their own interests because for many years they believed that people of color, poor people, and people who have disabilities somehow are less worthy of care and compassion. They actually vote against plans to make people healthy, keep pollution down and their jobs safe, simply because they fear that someone else that they deem ‘inferior’ will benefit. I always find this amazes people from the rest of the world, where healthcare is not a ticket to bankruptcy, and making the environment cleaner is everyone’s common cause.

9 Likes

We had a stick shift in Spain so that’s what my kids learned on. Now in the states they have stick shifts and we don’t want automatics.