Hotel for sure.
1. In a hotel they know what they are doing.
2. Less possibility of finding cleanliness level at the low i encountered at some AIrbnb listings.
3. Breakfast is most always included at the hotel, at least coffee
5. The "i can do what i want" feeling
8. Checkin is easier. I dont have to be in a certain time to meet a host.
9. In a hotel i can relax and not clean anything and not think that i have to really be neat
In a hotel i can cancel the last minute almost always unless its non refundable.
10. In a hotel i can have visitors
11. Room cleaned, fresh towels as many as i wish
12. Amenities such as business center , pool, gym, etc.
13. Can have my mail received.
I stayed in many Airbnbs, and though many stays were very smooth, many were not. I had and not once very dirty rooms with unacceptable low level of cleanliness. In a dirtiest hotels i never saw such low level. There were roaches and other pests, i never seen anything like that in a cheapest hotels ever. Many times check in were complicated when a host left keys for me and i could not find it. Once a host did not even say where keys would be and i assumed it would under door mat, which it was but there were several doors to the house and i had no idea which one was mine, and host did not specify. I encountered appliances are not working properly in Airbnb stays such as showers, hot water, toilets, TV. In hotel i can call and it would be immediately taken care off almost always. In airbnb its pretty much hopeless to get it fixed within short period of time.