Ideas for non perishable breakfast and welcome gift items?

Try adding a hand-written note saying “these are for you, I hope they’ll enjoy these” with your name signed. I don’t know why, but that seems to change “included with the room” into “the host did something nice for me”. (I’m 99% sure that the breakfast basket having this hand-written note is the reason they’re ridiculously over the moon with a fiver worth of breakfast, which to me isn’t a big deal ;))

2 Likes

How about something unique to your local area? Like a jar of local jam or honey? That would be good for breakfast too.

This is exactly what I give to my guests. Local honey or jam made by me from the figs or strawberries from my garden. I believe this makes a nice, personal connection with my place in particular and is relatively non-perishable.

1 Like

I started leaving a jar of local organic preserves. Didn’t get a thanks. I leave 6 bottles of water. In the winter I may leave some clementines. If people mention birthday, anniversary or New Years, then I buy a $10 bottle of sparkling wine.
I thinks it’s a better use of funds to increase quality/quantity of items such as pillows, toiletries etc. In the summer, I buy some dollar store outdoor toys for kids, buckets, fishnets, balls. Craft supplies, crayons, markers for children in the winter.