I left my first bad guest review

I’m quite sure no one declined me due to my lack of ears, I rarely mention it unless it’s germane to the conversation.

Perhaps it was my profile, somehow I thought a hosting profile would carry forward to a guest profile, but then I’m new to this, so was unaware. I’ll have to check it. Thanks.

Guests will be guests! I had a woman locate my linen closet and basically clean me out of towels… she used 3-4 per day and left a pile in her room for me to wash and she was with me for 6 days. When she left she left two days early to spend time with a friend who lives in a town close by. She left her jacket and when I notified her she said, “that’s ok, I need to come back anyway, I have your hangers, pillow and towels”. um what? I slammed her in the review and privately messaged her to say removing items from my house without my permission was theft.

You have to speak up! Extra guests are extra wear and tear on your property even if they arent’ spending the night. I ask all my renters to get my permission if they want to have someone over. Short term it’s never been a problem, but for a long term guest I can see where they might want to have a colleague over and that’s fine with me but my rules written and verbally state that they must clean up after their guest and that all guests must be off the property by 10pm and no one can be in the house unless I am home. Liability Liability Liability.

4 Likes

Also,I think declining her based on a disability would be outright discrimination, which Air frowns on heavily these days. Possible grounds for delisting!

I’ve recently left a bad guest review as well. We let our guest who drives a motorcycle used our garage. I don’t know what happened but he left a huge dent in our car and I have to replace the fender flares and fix the damage.

@skylark17

I hate that the guest damaged your car. I’ve pondered why we as hosts feel badly about leaving a negative guest review when I think all of us have been inappropriately slammed in a guest to host review. A few months ago I left one about a guest who promised her dog met my 25 lb dog limit (it was a 50+lb pit bull) and left so much dog hair in the unit, I almost stopped welcoming dogs.

My thinking has changed to be: I will leave an honest factual review. I owe it to future hosts, else reviews are useless. Also the guest needs to understand there are expected standards of conduct for being in another person’s home.

4 Likes