I didn't meet their un-mentioned expectations

I live in Kona coffee country and my guests get Folgers! :smile: I can’t afford Kona and am too much of a budget offering to be giving away gold.

Found when I did do it, as a new host, that not only did it not make a difference, and they did not say thank you or acknowledge it, they would smack me for something else like location or not having a dishwasher. :smile:

1 Like

If they are allergic to scents (multiple-chemical-sensitivity?), I’m surprised they use k-cups. Doesn’t the coffee soak up the chemicals in the plastic?

2 Likes

The guests appear to be among the people who throw around the word allergic to get their way. These people are the bane of chefs’ existence.

4 Likes

Dang! I hope they never stay with me.

And the bane for people who actually DO have allergies and are no longer taken seriously.

5 Likes

@murphysranch Has the message from your guest been left as a private message or as a public review?

By the way, a good way to minimize public negative reviews is somewhat old fashioned. But it works.

Leave a “comment book” in the apartment. If, for some reason, you didn’t meet their expectations, they can vent their “frustration” there. Therefore, it’s a good practice to leave such a book on a visible place with a nice note inviting them to leave their feedback so you can improve. People like that. Furthermore, if you let them write what’s on their mind in the book they won’t feel such an urge to put that online too.

It’s human psychology. No matter if we are right or wrong(!), we all want to be heard:)