How to see the cohosts in your area

I received an invite to become a cohost but I’m not sure I want to do it since I work full-time and cannot greet guests during work hours. I’m wondering how many cohosts there are for my area.
How can I see who the other cohosts are? If there are none, then it might be worth it to give it a try.

2 Likes

You can pick and choose what duties of co-hosting you want to do.
So, since I have like 4 jobs, I did not choose greeting/check-ins, coordinating cleanings, or any of that.
I already have been paid free lance helping people get set up with their ABB listing, and helping them with their first bookings (teaching them to look for previous reviews etc), so that’s mostly what I signed up for.

I don’t know if there is a way to see other co-hosts in your area though.
I’ll send you a PM to my co-host page.

Could you send it to me too please - I got sent an invite too. I too couldn’t do check in’s but would be interested in managing the listing.

Would you mind if I asked some questions via PM?

Thanks

1 Like

I got the invitation, too. I signed on to do the parts that I want to do, but not the cleaning and maintenance.

Ask me anything you want. I will send you the link.

Do you mean you all received an invite from Airbnb to co-host? Can you post what it says?

1 Like

I just got another email after signing up and it says they will be rolling it out in a few weeks. So I guess there are no cohosts in my area yet. Here is the text from the invite email:

Congrats, you qualify to become a co-host!
Hi ####,
Your highly rated hospitality just earned you a special invite to start co-hosting for others. Now your great hospitality can boost your income even more. There are many people in your community who have extra space, but don’t have the time or confidence to host it.

As a co-host, you can earn extra income hosting for others, help your neighbors earn a little, welcome travelers to your community, and do more of what you’re already great at: being a host!
From check-in to checkout, you can choose the type of hosting help you want to provide. Whether you’re accepting bookings, messaging guests, coordinating cleaning, or writing reviews, you can co-host as much or as little as you like. We’ll match you to people in your community who are looking for the kind of hosting help you can provide.
Getting started is easy. Just sign up to start hosting for others.
Let us know if you have any comments or feedback about co-hosting.

then after I signed up:

Hi ####,
Great job setting up your co-host profile! Co-hosting should be available in your community within the next few weeks.
Keep your eyes on your inbox — we’ll let you know just as soon as co-hosting comes to ######.

@MsPenguin Thank you for posting that. It looks like only superhosts received it because I didn’t get an invite :frowning:

I’ve never done this before but I’m going to pout and sulk a little. I’ve been a host for 4.5 years. I’ve had hundreds of guests and get solid reviews, just not quite enough 5* to make SH status (always at 78/79%). I’ve never cancelled a booking, I’ve taken care of guests when they’re sick or lost or generally in need, I’ve always helped them out with various problems and I’ve been there for other local hosts in an emergency. Never ever have I received any congratulation email or gift that I hear some hosts get on their airbnb “anniversary”. And now I’m excluded from this initiative as well. Not happy! I would be a perfect co-host.

OK, I’ve written it out and feel better now :slight_smile: No more pouting. I don’t care really, I get plenty of bookings and don’t need a pat on the back from airbnb.

2 Likes

I got the email too, and I’ve been looking for extra income. We’ll see if this pans out!

I got the email too and will give the invite to cohost a shot. Being retired I could put some energy into it for a bit of a return hopefully.
Have been hosting for 5 months. Got my Super Host status last month. Guests seem to be happy. Hard to go wrong at a ski resort!
My first Spring Summer booking arrives tomorrow for two nights during our long weekend. Totally different experience - hope the guests are happy with the serenity there !!!

You can make extra income by listing your co-hosting services.
There is a free online portal where you can list your co-host services for free called: FindCoHost
Google “findcohost” and you should get it.

Google “findcohost” and you will be able to list your co-hosting services. Good luck!

You are a super ho in my book.

RR