How to create an automated template message that is sent after the guest confirms a booking?

Hi, I am looking for a way to automate a template message that would be sent automatically after a guest books my place. Do you have any view on this? Software or workaround? Thanks

1 Like

AFAIK you cannot automate the sending of such a message. We’re supposed to be about interacting with guests, not a robot desk clerk.

You can write a ‘boilerplate’ message and save it so that all you have to do is select the message and hit Send.

You’d need access to Airbnb’s API in order to do this. It definitely exists - Airbnb itself doesn’t do things manually. But whether or not they’ll let mere mortals access it is another matter. Googling “Airbnb API” does bring up http://airbnbapi.org/. Whether or not it is useful is another matter, of course.

You probably want to look at

Host Endpoints -> Messages Endpoints

There’s also a contact page - http://airbnbapi.org/contact

See also http://lancenewman.me/fetching-airbnbs-listings-with-their-api/

This might be for you. Free for 30 days, then pretty reasonable (depending on your rates).
OwnerRez
I don’t use it and no affiliation.

Automated responses are all very well (create one in Notepad then copy and paste) Or maybe use ‘saved messages’ but remember that your message is a chance to sell and enhance your listing and to make sure that they enjoy your place. I always personalise it which I believe is the best way.

For example: ‘Hi xxx, it’s so cool that you’ll be here for your son’s graduation - congratulations to him! I see that you enjoy xxx so you’ll love the xxx facilities we have here. Please let me know if you have any questions about the apartment or the area.’

I think that’s so much better than an automated message and engages the guest :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@viznou I’m not sure if you are still looking to automate your guest messages. I’m new to airhostsforum.com so just seeing your post today. Aviva IQ launched 6 weeks ago at the Airbnb Open in Los Angeles and does exactly what you are looking for.

Disclaimer: I am one of the founders of Aviva IQ.

I would recommend AirGMS Vacation Rental Software. It has templates for your communication with guests and sends auto replies immediately, therefore, improves your reputation as a host. Many other cool features for hosting are there. You can have a free trial to check it out.

Stay away from this aviva iq. I used this tool and ended up canceling because it was overpriced, buggy, and barely had any features compared to similar tools. A year later, they improperly charged me nearly $1000 even though i canceled. When i let them know, they admitted to overcharging me but then never sent a refund. I tried calling, texting, email, and even reaching out on airbnb. Josh’s communication is so bad i was surprised when he actually responded. If this is how they handle something simple that can be addressed in minutes with a few clicks, imagine how much stress you’ll have when theyre managing your rental property.

Use a tool like smartbnb, its cheaper, has a ton more features, and is super responsive if you have questions

Ben, that’s three posts now about this company. We might decide to delete them all but we certainly don’t need three. Enough is enough.