How to block bookings that take part of weekend

I have people who booked from tues to Friday, which means that weekend isn’t available. How can I set my calendar to block people from booking a Friday without the sat?

You can manage it in your calendar by putting a requirement that at the weekend a minimum of x days is booked. I have that set up on my listing.

Warning though… if someone books Saturday to Tuesday for example and leaves the Friday… then someone books mon to weds… you won’t get any bookings for the remaining Thursday and Friday because you’ve set a three day minimum and it’s now impossible to satisfy that requirement.

Hope it makes sense. Basically I’m just warning you that you can do it but you will still need to check your calendar for anomalies …

Tues to Friday would have them checking out on Friday morning. Can you flip the room in a day? I don’t know how you can set the calendar to block.

No it shows them checking out sat am.

You can also play around with your minimum stay and limiting the days of the week that guests can check in. But the more limiting and specific you are, of course the fewer bookings will fit the parameters.

Another option is turning off IB and really looking at your calendar, monitoring for gaps, and micromanaging the bookings to minimize vacancy. (Adding that I don’t think it would be worth it to lose the visibility that IB affords.)

During the high season, we settled on a setting a 3-night minimum, 7 night max, so we always get 3 nights regardless of whether it’s a weekday or includes Friday or Saturday. Then, if we find ourselves with odd unbooked times, we set a special criteria for a date range lowering the minimum to 2 nights. If you have your settings set for 3 nights when the booking includes a Friday or Saturday, you cannot override that with special criteria.

1 Like

For me, the reason I have the 2-3 day minimum for weekends is that I don’t want to lost a weekend booking by someone staying one night on a Friday or Saturday night. In your case, I think a 4 night Tue-Fri booking is worth it. I think that is a better booking than a 2 night Fri&Sat.

1 Like

Hey @Louise,

Airbnb has a setting for that case but I think it is a little bit hidden.

You can set a minimum number of nights in case the reservation includes Friday and Saturday. But I still agree with some of the comments above. It depends on the way you hosting after all.

This is the navigation for that: Host -> Manage Listings -> Calendar and More -> Availability Settings -> Reservation Preferences -> Add a requirement for seasons or weekends -> Select Fridays or Saturdays -> Set minimum number of nights

1 Like