How long have you been hosting?

• 0 to 1 year
  • 1 to 3 years
  • 3 to 5 years
  • More than 5 years

0 voters

@florbone. I really don’t understand this phrase: "how you avoid falling into the routine? "

Routine is your friend when you are an AirBNB. Do you mean burn-out, disgust at guests’ whining and foibles, your own grumpiness factor, or something else?

And your survey doesn’t actually ask that question. You will only get amount of time hosting; not anything more about how hosts are feeling about their hosting after that amount of time.

1 Like

I voted for more than five years because I’ve been hosting (in one form or another) since the early 1980s. But I’ve only been on Airbnb since 2015.

I don’t either - please explain. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have been hosting for 9 months. We’ve got a great routine for turning the room around now, it’s very much a positive thing.
Then there’s the routine of constantly checking to see if I have a booking yet and looking to see where we place in the search. Not such a healthy routine.

1 Like

Done! Now it just asks how long have you been hosting.

To be a stress-free host :slight_smile: use the app which will alert you whenever there’s an enquiry or a booking. Don’t even bother spending time seeing where you come in searches - or looking at your stats - or seeing how many people wishlisted you etc. etc. Mostly it means nothing.

If you calculate your time as a factor when you count your Airbnb expenses, you’ll see that constant searching etc. means that you work at less than the minimum wage :wink:

1 Like

I don’t mind all the cleaning and laundry for my little money. What I do struggle with, though, are the unrealistic/uncool/nitpicky guest reviews. I doubt they spend as much time/effort on hotel reviews for what has cost them a fraction of the cost. And the nitpicky reviews are insulting and demoralizing.

I also think ABB should change the Overall stars to a simple Recommend or Not Recommend. Guests do not understand that 4 stars are harmful.

3 Likes

I know, I can’t help it :tired_face:
I do use the app and get all the notifications, but I still check because… what if my phone decides it doesn’t want to play the magic sound??! :joy:

2 Likes

Then maybe you need to fix that in ‘settings’? I’m always notified on the phone.

True. But a five star hotel is different. Five star hotels offer spas, luxurious room service meals, free airport transfers, 24 hour reception desk, full time concierges, daily housekeeping …

1 Like