How do we link our listings to social media and other ways to promote?

I liked you too! I’m thinking I may share other people’s FB pages because we can all help each other. I’ll be setting up a blog/website for my page today. Maybe I won’t spend as much time on here and more time furthering my business, lol.

1 Like

I did the same thing. But I also mentioned that people who direct book with me by messaging me directly through FB can save on air’s fees. I need to make up contracts and I think I need to sign up for square so I can take credit cards.

1 Like

I take payments (for another business) via paypal, square, and even facebook!
It’'s always wise to have numerous ways to take money from people right on the spot lol.

1 Like

Today my husband and I are going to work on creating our own website and then I can create a contract of my own that people can download and fill out for direct bookings. I just created an Instagram account for it and linked it to my FB page. I plan to take pics of me cleaning and updating, lol. This is going to be fun. A good way to use the downtime of fall and winter to build my business and not be so reliant on just one form of marketing.

2 Likes

I have thought about this some more, and I am starting to think that having social media pages for my GUESTS to interact with me makes more sense in my situation. They are going to be my best advertising, and are the most likely people I know who will be friends with other people who are traveling.

I would never “friend” former guests, since they really aren’t friends. How many pictures of people eating in my dining room would a guest be interested in, after all.

Interesting set of discussions.

2 Likes

I do encourage guests to post photos while they are out and about in my picturesque little town to my page, but they hardly ever do! I may make it a requirement lol. I have had a few fb savvy guests who have given me reviews on fb. And I actually have befriended quite a few of my guests.

Because we have such great views here I often find that guests are photographing before they even get into the rental. I ask them where they are sharing them and invariably it’s always FT, Twitter or Instagram. A great way to spread the word :slight_smile:

1 Like

By the way, if anyone wants to know how to create a ‘book now’ button on a FB post, here’s an explanation how to do so.

You need a business manager account which is free and can be set up here.

I just created this to up up next to my guest guidebook:

1 Like

Sarah, I can’t seem to reach your Instagram - can you post a direct link so that I can follow you? Thank you!

Ours is https://www.instagram.com/hendricks_isle/ - followers very welcome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

www.instagram.com/hotel_de_warren and following!

I’ve just followed you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Sarah! Let’s hope that other hosts will post their accounts too so that we can all follow them :slight_smile:

@jaquo have you written any good guest focused articles that would be good to share on my page? I need to write a few of my own, but I would love to share some you have written if you have any!

Most of my articles have been purely promotional. But (I hope!) interesting. Here’s an example.

I have also written some more general articles such as this one.

More to come :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow! Both great articles and very well written! Bravo!

1 Like

Tip! For anyone who has their own website, it’s a good idea to sign up for an affiliate account at Amazon. Then you can sell local guidebooks or products suitable for your area (snorkelling gear, sunglasses, ski wear etc.) from your site and earn commissions. If you have a reasonable hit rate these commissions can easily cover the cost of hosting and domain name renewal - and make a profit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Couldn’t find your Las Olas site of FB, but did locate your personal page. Thank you so much for this advice.

I’m from SE Florida and will promote your airbnb on my FB page. Lots of folks get overflow guests and your place is what south Florida is all about.

1 Like