How do hosts charge cleaning fees?

OK, who thinks loady and chen susanne are the same person?

:wink:

4 Likes

Nope shes a us born citizen. Your racism is alarming. Under $2000 in 1 year the payer does not need to deduct anything. taxes

Since you are running a business you need to declare everything. How do you neighbors fee about your illegal hotel that increases traffic and deprives them of parking?

loady,

You seem to be responding to konacoconutz and me as if we are one person which if you look at our posting histories you will see is laughable.

You appear to dislike every aspect of Airbnb which makes it puzzling that you are posting on a website created for Airbnb hosts. Do you really think that we will all read your posts, realize how wise you are and immediately stop hosting? I think the website that is more suited to you is airbnbhell.com.

I donā€™t understand why you donā€™t think Iā€™m sharing with my guests. Our house has one bathroom and one kitchen which is used by our guests and by my husband and me. This arrangement sure feels like sharing, especially when I have to wait to use the bathroom because a guest is in it. Also, I donā€™t know why you think I donā€™t provide breakfast. Not only do I provide home baked muffins and breads, my guests always mention how much they like our breakfasts in their reviews.

Because the word ā€œsharingā€ has been co-opted by Uber, Lyft and Car2go to mean RENTING. Uber is not car sharing, car2go is not car sharing and various cities pay be the hour check in and out schemes are not bike sharing. They are RENTALS.

I donā€™t know where you are getting your crazy numbers. If you pay someone more than $600 per year, they need to receive a 1099. You were the one who just admitted you paid your ā€œhelpā€ under the table. And cheaply too I might add, as if that is an accomplishment.

Me Me, I do I do!!!

It must be crazy season her on the inter-webs

2 Likes

HA. Yes, San Diego right up there with NYC, SF, SF Bay Area, LA, Chicagoā€¦

Seriously, you are mad and you too are breaking the law if you donā€™t 1099 your house keeper, regardless if they clean for personal or Air BNB.

Any income you make you have to report if you are a) a US citizen or b) you are not a US citizen and it was earned in the US.

Luckily we are on the North side and everything drains south, so besides a small power outage, we are good here.

Your website doesnā€™t appear to be working in Chromeā€¦

Hi @telos,

I have checked and the website is working across all browser types.

What problem are you encountering?

Evian

I just get a spinning circle and the banner advertising a free review. If I click that banner I just get the spinning dealie again.

And I went to get a screenshot and it seems to be working nowā€¦ so nevermind I guess! :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear that there was a technical problem @Telos. Sometimes these intermittent problems are the worst because itā€™s even harder to figure out why theyā€™re happening some of the time but not all of the time.

Anyways, glad that itā€™s all working now :slight_smile:

Please let us know if thereā€™s anything weā€™re able to help out with.

No worries, Iā€™m a programmer so I know how annoying that can be. :slight_smile:

Airbnb collects the fee. Yes you have to clean it anyway, but this is a good way to offset wear and tear on bed, linens, etc. It also makes your price appear lower.

I do wish that Airbnb would change the wording from ā€˜cleaning feeā€™ to ā€˜preparation feeā€™ though.

3 Likes

Me too! Our last guests left 10 bucks in cash as a tip which was nice.

I charge a $60 cleaning fee since Handy charges $50 for 2 hours and I am usually sitting there cleaning with my hired help. I also clean every day. Anyone who thinks this level of cleaning would be happening any way is a lunatic. I literally just had a girl leave all kinds of nonsense in both of my bathrooms. It was definitely alarming and worth the cleaning fee!

What I wish Airbnb did was help me charge different amounts for guests staying longer. I charge $60/week for long-term guests. I canā€™t clean that often myself and I have had more than one guest keep food and hoard crumbs and stuff in their room. Literally found a bowl with potatoes growing roots in a bowl once. People are crazy and Iā€™m not a professional maid.

1 Like

Iā€™ve looked at a lot of places where I am and pretty much no one has a cleaning fee. Maybe itā€™s because Iā€™m in England? We tend to include everything in the price kinda like how we donā€™t tip people.

Iā€™m in the UK and I used to charge Ā£5 for cleaning ( we only air our spare room) then I decided to just change this to Ā£5 extra per night for guests after the first one. Itā€™s all the washing that gets a bit much - if a couple stays thatā€™s sometimes four towels and two facecloths then all the bedding.

No cleaning fees.

I am charging per extra guests