Guests vanished

@Emily came up with question and answers, I just put it in a poll :innocent:.
I would have also needed another option, but that’s how polls are: Your personalized option is seldom available :confounded:.

Next time I’ll make a multiple choice poll, to offer more options :wink:.

2 Likes

What about:

Pack up bags and leave them on the street, don’t offer a refund and leave 1 star for communication.

Kidding, obviously. But all joking aside I hope the op’s guests are not too seriously hurt. What an awful situation for them :pensive:

4 Likes

The poll questions are a scream, good job @emily !!!

It just reinforces the stereotype that Aussies have a bawdy irreverent sense of humor. :laughing:

1 Like

Trust your gut. Most people are predictable. I am glad you have your answer, it let’s more of us know to trust that gut feeling.

I’m the spirit of closing this topic: I have had contact with them and the US embassy. It seemed like their condition was improving but they have repatriated back to the States and the Embassy has send over an official to collect their belongings (I believe their passports to be still in their bags)

I have had no other contact with the guest but have offered them a 66% discount on their stay.

I have also had contact with ABB who has followed this up step by step, which was nice.

It seems like it’s all handled at this point and I have resumed hosting other people.

5 Likes

Thanks for the update. In a rare case like this it’s nice to have some assistance from Airbnb.

1 Like