Guests not returning home all night

I never once said I had given them my only keys???

It doesnā€™t matter now anyway. As stated the girls came home safe. They continued with travels and I hope they enjoyed Ireland. I donā€™t want to get into arguments which are pointless. Forum is supposed to be for support and advice. lets keep it that way. Good luck with your hosting.

1 Like

Well, actually, you might try calling Airbnb next time something like this happens. Much better than writing.

Most staff at Airbnb seem to be pretty good at offering psychological advice, which is what I experienced myself in situations like yours.

2 Likes

Thank you Eberhard. I suppose as hosts we will experience many different situations and we will gain experience from dealing with them. Obviously, when kids dont return back, its in our nature to worry and that wont ever change. But now, I have had this experience, I just tell my guests, if you feel safe and donā€™t put yourselves at risk enjoy. I just ask them to txt me if they wont be back and let me know they are safe. Thats it.

The problem is that you didnā€™t tell the entire story when you first posted. Therefore we didnā€™t know why the guests being gone was a problem in your view.

Also, this post sounds like you gave your guests your only keys.

ā€œWell obviously, I want to go out and I dont know when they will come back and they have the keys to my home.ā€

1 Like

I also had keys to my home. Why are you arguing this with me? have I done something wrong?

Iā€™m not arguing with you. Iā€™m trying to show you how we got an incorrect impression of your problem due to the way you worded it and the fact that you didnā€™t explain why guests being out was a problem for you in your initial post. If youā€™d said from the beginning that you were worried about your safety we would have been able to assist you.

3 Likes

Yes i was assisted by being told whats the problem, your not their mother!!! This was supported by 2 likes.

Obviously, this was not advice offered regarding keys, I think the poster was understood my concern was re guests not returning home.

Ellen. I dont want to argue.

Yes, none of us understood why you were concerned about your guests being out until you told us that you were concerned about their safety. If you had said that in your first post I would have said that as they are adults I wouldnā€™t have worried; if you are worried you can email them via the Airbnb email system.

1 Like

I did at 6am and they didnt answer. I am not totally a dumbass

1 Like

Again, you didnā€™t provide this information so I had no way of knowing it.

2 Likes

Ok, Iā€™m sorry for not giving the full story. It was very early in the morning. I was tired and new to hosting. I am sorry.

2 Likes

Iā€™m still confused why all this meant you couldnā€™t walk the dog?

2 Likes

And Iā€™m still confused why, if the guests had their own keys why the host mentioned that the guests had a key that she didnā€™t have a spare for which she was concerned about.

3 Likes

Hi Gardenhost, I actually did walk the dog:smiley:

1 Like

Well if I was a teenage (or somewhat older) guest and my host sent me an Airbnb message at 6 am ā€œwhy didnā€™t you come back and sleep hereā€ I would be pretty annoyed (to put it mildly). ā€œThis is simply none of my hostā€™s businessā€ would be a polite way of phrasing it.

3 Likes

Eberhard I didnt say that. I said are you ok!

Actually I have an even better tale to tell. No one has actually asked where the guests where!!! I did find out. Thats for another time!!! Now Eb, they were actually German as well.