Guests complain because I don't serve breakfast - Not a true Airbnb they say

Aldis is the fastest growing grocery store chain in the world, German owned. At least that’s what I heard on NPR (National Public Radio) the other morning.

We even have it downunder now. The ones in the city are pretty basic and the quality of the fresh produce isn’t great, but when we go to regional stores it’s amazing. Beautiful meats and fruit and veg from local suppliers and at half the price or less of the big chain supermarkets.

That’s hilarious. How long to make a cup of tea in the microwave?

Place a cup of water with a tea bag in the microwave and “cook” for 2 minutes.

A German chain of supermarkets that offer goods at low price with no-frills at all. There one in Miami but I’m not familiar with other counties.

My Englishness is affronted :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

my jar of PG Tips just wept…lol!! Different strokes for different folks!

1 Like

OK. I can’t say I’m tempted to try it but shall not express surprise as this is the nation that brought the world Cheez Whiz! :grinning:

1 Like

My heart hurts for @jaquo and the entire UK.

2 Likes

I have a whole shelf in my kitchen dedicated to the gifts I’ve received from my guests! Some they bring with them from their countries (little statue of the Eiffel Tower, a postcard from Denmark), but some they buy for me while they are here-- a book about my area, a wooden peace sign, a small Buddha, a geode). So, yeah, despite my gruff attitude at times, by the time my guests leave my home, they have felt as though they have received some kind of special treatment.

Aldi is all over the uk. It’s from Germany.

We have a microwave too and cups and a tap for water. There are tea bags too. Sounds like I provide tea to guests.

My understanding is that AirBnB stands for Air Bed No Breakfast.

AirBnB stands for Air Bed No Breakfast you may put that into your listing, I found it online. My understanding is that they started with no breakfasts because food handling requires a permit. If people get sick for your food you are liable? AirBnB does not cover it in their insurance.

Yes but it is well known that bnb means bed and breakfast so the confusion is understandable.

Oh, Missmiami, we’d deport you from England if you did this! (Otoh, my daughter said “hmm, sounds like a good idea, must try it …”!)

And it gets worse…I add some orange juice to my tea…

Hi mholidayoj,

It appears that the source of your information was incorrect. Here is a link to an interview with Brian Chesky. He explains that he and his roommates named their company Airbnb for Air Bed and Breakfast:

Then where is the evidence that food poisoning is covered by airbnb insurance or liability. If its Air bed and breakfast where’s the requirement for a food handlers permit? and practically few listings actually rent real airbeds, so the founder mission is off.

I was hoping that the rudeness on this forum had dissipated and it would be fun to post again. Apparently, I was incorrect.

well i guess you can make up a tone and apply it where you wish but the tone clearly comes from implying that the information is correct. airbnb itself is incorrect, whether the founder had it as the idea, the reality of the name is air bed no breakfast, and we can still point to the millions of listings without airbeds. unless you have language in the 1 million dollar host insurance, for food liability, or health code adherents then no breakfast it is in reality. i can add a happy face to demonstrate how much i appreciate your participation! :kissing_heart: