GuestBox- Amenities Box

Hi All- We swear we will not be spammy. We are only trying to get honest feedback and help those who may see a benefit in this.

Let me clear about feedback- we want to know what it takes for you to procure items you may need for your guests- do you even provide amenities for your guest?

We are in the process of creating an amenities box for hosts to provide to guests which include quality essentials and high-end extras in toiletries, skincare, and snacks. We are including brands in our box that are conscious and offer value to your listing as a host.

My co-founder is a former Airbnb host- and she really saw the necessity for this especially if you are busy all the time.

This is our Facebook link where we will continually post and share our favorite Airbnb’s out there, as well as tools for hosts, and destinations for guests to visit us on Facebook /ShopGuestBox

If you wish to sign up for updates on our launch sign up on our page: theguestbox.co

Our site and facebook page is made ambiguous as we are not yet ready to launch our product. Our web page will be updated in a week- also mainly because we are not product ready.
I am here for the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Let us know your thoughts, comments, feedback.

Cheers

• Michelle

Facebook doesn’t seem to know anything about you. All my hits are for GhostGuestBox. Different market altogether.

EDITED to add: And your website has absolutely no information about your product. Instead it appears that you are just harvesting email addresses. I need to have a hint that it is worthwhile before I am going to give out my email address to another potential vapor-ware site.

I also only want to buy from providers that know how to spell. Welcome to the snarky hosts forum. LOL.

8 Likes

Hmm that’s strange… try facebook.com/ShopGuestBox

We are sharing information about our page to get an idea of pain points when it comes to hosting. In the process of collecting data and research. We will have an updated webpage next week. :slight_smile:

My search was for ShopGuestBox within the Facebook search box. Shouldn’t need the full URL.

Did not have an issue

Thank goodness for Grammarly- not sure what I misspelled… I can do snarky :slight_smile:

That is because it is in your cache. I mean you don’t have to believe me, of course, but I got GhostGuestBox. Now that I have look at the page directly, no doubt a new search would get your results.

1 Like

When it comes to digital marketing, making people provide contact details to access your website is a big no no.

And your FB provides no information on where you operate, how much it costs and what you include.

There is nothing to feedback on, because you haven’t provided any information about your service.

And what has ‘pain points when it comes to do with hosting’ got to do with selling an ‘amenity box’ concept?

1 Like

[quote=“guestbox, post:7, topic:13466”]
not sure what I misspelled.[/quote]

conscious may not be misspelled. Maybe that’s the word you intended to use. If so, it seems to me that you’ve misused it. The brands are awake/aware/thinking? Of what?

Let me add that I prefer to hand curate my own sustainable boutique products. I strive to create in each guest the sensation that I had them in mind when I consciously chose the amenities I’d be placing in the room for their stay. Giving each guest a box (a word that conjures up body parts or the stuff I carry my items out of Costco in) of stuff that someone sold to me to give to them reminds me of coach-class airline handouts.

LOL. I’m teasing you. I don’t have use for your services at my listing but good luck.

Thank you for your feedback. I am always happy to hear about hosts that personally curate items for their guests. I am super appreciative of hosts that leave items for me to use and are worthy of a great review.

In my experience, I have had a mix of Airbnb experiences where I pay quite a bit of money and can’t even get shampoo or even a set of clean towels. I just want feedback in terms of what hosts experience or what they believe is fair for their offerings.

All the best to you :slight_smile:

I was attempting to use the word “conscious” in terms of aware of the items they use in products- cruelty-free, sustainable, etc.

Hi Helsi,

Thank you for getting your feedback in terms of our digital presence. At this moment we have created a landing page for anyone to really get updates when we are ready to launch our product. No need to leave information if not interested. At this point, we are in pre-beta stages. Getting the right companies lined up to be inside of our box. We will be launching a new web page with more information, and shortly updating what is included in our box as well as an image of our box- hence not having any information fully on what we offer and pricing.

We are looking for feedback in terms of what it takes for you to procure items for your guests’ stay, what are your pain points and would ordering a box online to get delivered to your door solve that pain point for you.

Additionally, your comments are great feedback in my eyes :slight_smile:

I think you might mean conscientious. conscious mean “aware of and responding to one’s surroundings; awake.”

I don’t really “curate” anything, that was part of the joke. I buy what ever looks good and doesn’t smell hideous at Marshall’s for most toiletries.

That would be frustrating. Hopefully you mentioned the mis-representation of amenities in your review of these hosts.

I find individual size toiletries to be very non-eco-friendly. Oh, the irony of the eco-friendly product in the single size package. But many listings have no choice. The water bottles I provide in the mini fridge pain me.

3 Likes

Also, you aren’t the first, and won’t be the last, to come by the forum to see if there is a need for this kind of service. That space may be getting crowded quickly. Boxes of assorted toiletries are already available on Amazon as well.

2 Likes

I agree. We have been keeping a close eye on this forum for almost a year now. I saw the other ones that have emerged as well, and aren’t really doing anything. However, we have to really try. Failure is saying you had an idea and not trying. Failure through trial eventually leads to success- even if its self-success and growth.

1 Like

That’s a great point- Great idea for truly eco-friendly companies :slight_smile:

There has been a trend around the word “conscious,” it’s essentially a synopsis of being “health conscious” “environmentally conscious” etc.

Oh, so it’s going to become one of those over-used maladaptations of a word. Like curated. Thanks for the warning. :joy:

2 Likes

If your partner saw this necessity then go for it! I cannot imagine purchasing boxes of amenities for guests. And what happens if they run out of their mini shampoo bottle and want more?? Do they get a new box?

I advertise in my listing that shampoo is provided but there is no way in hell I am going to purchase a box for each guest, and then give them a new box when they run out of one item. I initially was looking to provide mini toiletries, etc. and did tons of research on pricing. But it does not fit with renting out a home to a family. I am not providing 60 bottles of mini shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hand lotion, etc. for a family staying a week. It’s either use my jumbo bottles of shampoos and lotions or bring your own.

It sounds like according to your past experiences that you don’t travel with shampoo and were disappointed. So what would you do if you booked a place for a week and your mini bottle of shampoo ran out? Would you expect a new box of items?