Guest leaves because they didn't like neighborhood or feel safe

Yeah, we’re all raving PC lefties on here so it’s great that you’ve come along to sort all that nonsense out. Thanks for that. Anyway, on topic, you’re right it’s not entirely clear but from what I understood the main keys were left inside the inner door. I don’t know, @Mountainclimber17 you need to clarify. The other thing to consider is that guests bend the truth and sometimes outright lie to cover stuff up. Plus they are often ridiculously inexperienced travellers and get frightened at the smallest thing that is outside their comfort zone.

3 Likes

Another thing that occurs to me: surely travellers should be responsible for checking out the neighbourhood where they’re planning to stay? We are not travel agencies. When you travel, do your research. If you don’t want to stay in a “diverse” neighbourhood, then plan accordingly.

1 Like

Then plan and pay accordingly.

5 Likes

I thought her showed her how the subway worked so she would know what to do for work. Also I don’t see where her direct statement that the keys were in the door when she arrived was addressed. As I stated I was going to a testing center daily (for three days), so this was a stay at an airbnb but by no means a pleasure trip any more than starting a new job somewhere which is what I got this gal was doing.

yes i agree, i know you were being nice but for a young female that might be offputting.

1 Like

I had one guest who left before the period she paid for finished.
She was a rich kid from Mexico doing an internship at a great restaurant nearby.
All was fine until the slaves so called restaurant staff informed her that on her salary she could get a room at a cheaper price.
In short it was nothing against me but she was not very bright leaving me before staying here the nights she had paid for, plus free breakfast and laundry. . .
I don’t know how airbnb rated me but if they gave me a negative review I protest. After accepting my home, she changed her mind.
I hope that Airbnb stands by us under such circumstances.

I had one guest who left before the period she paid for finished.
She was a rich kid from Mexico doing an internship at a great restaurant nearby.
All was fine until the slaves so called restaurant staff informed her that on her salary she could get a room at a cheaper price.
In short it was nothing against me but she was not very bright leaving me before staying here the nights she had paid for, plus free breakfast and laundry. . .
I don’t know how airbnb rated me but if they gave me a negative review I protest. After accepting my home, she changed her mind.
I hope that Airbnb stands by us under such circumstances.

Do the rules about racism and discrimination forbid saying a neighbourhood feels unsafe because of the kind of inhabitants there? I’ve never been to US, but in Europe the 100% muslim neighbourhoods are often considered “no-go zones”, less safe for women and not recommended at nighttime in general.

3 Likes

That’s an interesting question. I’m surprised though that Muslim neighbourhoods are seen as being negative.

I’m from Yorkshire (I’m now in the USA) and Bradford, for instance, which is largely Muslim, was never seen as a no-go area, or less safe for women or not recommended at night.

3 Likes

@jaquo agree. Generally Muslim areas, if anything, are safer. But I say if anything because to be honest it’s not something anyone thinks about much here in the UK…

4 Likes

I would LOVE to stay in a neighborhood like yours! Sorry to hear about this scenario, and feel free to PM (or post) your listing URL so I can look up your space when I head east!

I know this is OBE now but he could wait for the 14 day review period to expire before asking to satisfy both concerns.

I live in a similar area but in the UK so might be a bit far for you @mountainmaven :slight_smile:

I am overdue for a return to the UK! What part?

In the West Country :smile: @mountainmaven