Guest in my room

Vegetarian, vegan, gluten free are defined. A dish either has meat, animal products or gluten or it doesn’t. The definitions are not subjective. Spicy and salty are subjective. If you look at Yelp reviews, you will see that one reviewer will call a dish a salt lick while another reviewer will say that the same dish was undersalted. The same applies to spicy. I believe that I’d find the dishes @Mearns finds inedible to be pleasantly spicy. You are incorrect that it is easy to add salt or spice. Both taste completely different when added to a finished dish than they do when added while the dish is cooking.

What I have a hard time comprehending is how you developed such a dislike of me that you will jump at the slightest excuse to insult me.

You’re right. We have a personality conflict. I shall not address you again. No insult was intended.

4 Likes

Spicy to me is that degree of hot spicing that prevents me from not being able to taste or tell what the core food itself is. When my mouth starts to burn ruins it for me. I own a deli here, and under penalty of death :grin:, prevent Belizian people that work in it from adding not only hot spice but too many spices in the first place, a common practice in this culture. The main clientele is westerners, which love the deli. Some ask for hot sauce, most don’t. Works out well.

You guys are crazy. But back to people wanting to pay the price:

Hi XXXXX,

The rate is just a flat rate for one week (no matter if guests depart early, etc.) I see that VRBO prorated the amount based on 5 nights, but the quote they provided is based on a holiday weekly rate and they should not have prorated it. Our holiday nightly rate would quote much higher than $251.14 if we were to rent for less than a week, but we just price it out as a flat week - if that makes sense. So six nights at a higher nightly rate (to include the New Year’s holiday) is just about the same price as seven nights for $251.14.

Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are all flat holiday pricing. Our Thanksgiving guests paid the week rate even though they only stayed for 5 nights.

1 Like

That’s exactly what my husband says; if all he can taste is heat and his mouth is burning he’s not having a good time. To me, hot peppers accentuate the other flavors. It’s like someone hit the bold key on all the ingredients.

Got cha…