Guest in my room

Yes, just staring there ignoring everything I was saying, and checking out my bedroom. A disgraceful behavior!

Thanks for sharing your story. In Asia it is not uncommon for that to happen to foreigners, especially white, in fact, it is expected if you’ve been here long enough. They are curious about the western body because indeed we have butts and biggies. I used to work out in the largest and supposedly most westernized gym chain store here and I was the only one using a towel to cover up before and after shower, regardless of what time of the day I went. Girls here don’t go to the gym to build muscle and tone up, they go to lose weight only, so even going girls didn’t look as fit as me but they were bare walking everywhere. It is incredible how shameless they are. The most uncomfortable and disgusting thing that I dreaded after my workout was seeing them baked, because they bent forward, backwards and all positions you can imagine. All I saw was ‘black’ holes everywhere. My child is half Chinese and I see beauty in all races, but I don’t teach my child to be like that. I could see the poop maker of all ladies, young and old, a scene indeed!
With that being said, the ‘observation’, ‘curiosiosity’ towards foreigner should only be in a PUBLIC environment. I could no way block the women from looking at me everytime I had to out away the towel and put on my clean clothes unless I went back to the shower room and locked myself changing above the wet floor. And trust me, I could understand all their comments and curiosity because they would always think I can’t speak Chinese.

So, yea, public gym, public hot springs, public doorless restrooms, but not EVER in ANY hypothesis or ANY circumstances open a private BEDROOM to kill the curiosity about a foreigner, EVER nowhere in Asia. I have travelled most Asia in my many years here and this doesn’t exist anywhere I have been.

I told Airbnb today that if it was me as a host who did that (I am not even mentioning the house rules they broke), opened a guest closed door, saw them baked and stood there staring and checking their open luggage out and refused to leave with the guest desperated in front of me asking me to, Airbnb would have deleted my account or something else very serious.

2 Likes

LMAO! Boy I needed a laugh!

2 Likes

That particular part i did not get.

1 Like

Thank you @cabinhost
I was sick after a long trip and barely could move. My husband talked to them and since I was so sick and she was staying only two nights he convinced me that we had enough stress with the doctors already. I regret every minute I didn’t cancel them just by remembering it. I can’t even sleep now.

They stayed 14 days ago, the review limit was today and I am no longer sick and normally I don’t hold grudges. So, after some discussion with my husband, I wrote a review in Chinese, he edited it saying that we shouldn’t mention too much details or we would sound bad. Eventually he edited much softer and polite than what I had written but I agreed to post it since I had tried to forget this episode. (Note: Since my sex machine Korean couple I decided to only review guests who review us first, so I reviewed her because she reviewed us as soon as she checked out)
Our review to her is in Chinese but the translation would be “Guest’ stayed 2 nights with us. She should have had followed the house instructions and rules. Upon arrival they entered all bedrooms in the apartment including our master bedroom. We suggest the guest to familiarise herself with the sharing house concept.” And I did not recommend. I didn’t even put the minimal stars for communication and etc because I thought this was behind me already.

Then boom, got her reviewed which she had left as soon as Airbnb allowed her to, meaning 14 days ago. She said, in Chinese, that “Most terrible living experience, hosts are extremely cold and unfriendly. They restrict too much their house and don’t let me be free not comfortable. I will never ever be back”
This listing has only 5 stars and I have no problem with it. She gave us 1 star for everything. Private feedback says she did not like ANYTHING where they ask what you liked about the experience. About accuracy she said it is not accurate and a complete lie, and said the house is filthy. … Yeah right… How come all my other guests love my place?

So I called Airbnb saying the situation, and that because I was sick and my husband is a very thoughtful man we did not call Airbnb to cancel her due to the violation of House Rules (which we have the right to do) , and we did not call the police regarding she didn’t wanting to leave my bedroom. My husband thought since they are 2 women and I was sick he didn’t want more hassle. I talked on the phone a lot with them and got the typical BS: the guest has the right to say how she feels the exoerience. Are you kidding me!!! Oh, in the end she said -I can’t even believe I am typing this without punching something- “I will try to pass this case to the Trip team, but I will give you a heads up per my experience that most likely the review will not be removed. And also congratulations on being a Super Host, I am so sorry you had this experience. Have a great day”. Is this a joke??? I thought it was some black hunt or sarcasm or whatever. I indeed hear it from an Airbnb rep!!! Sorry for the punctuation, I am really upset.

So I should calmly wait now for 2 days to see if I get any email from Air saying they 'have analysed and decided the review will stay and nothing will happen".

My husband just didn’t kicked them out because I was sick almost to the point of having to be hospitalized and he didn’t want to deal with having to find a place for them or dealing with Air.

My husband also talked to the rep and said that we force ourselved not say anything or cancel guests that break our House Rules (especially A/C on and laundry) just to be nice to guests and avoid stress for everyone and now we get this joke response.

My house was the guest last stop in Taiwan and they had stayed in many other Airbnbs here during their trip. I have found that many hosts in Taiwan are not reviewing guests at all. I don’t know if they have the same criteria as me ’ if don’t review me I review or if I have nothing good to say I don’t say anything’s but it is strange she doesn’t have any review but mine. And since mine would expire today, all the other hosts should have already reviewed her. Maybe nothing good to say?

:rage:

1 Like

Yes I am a white ‘foreigner’ . I am accustomed to them being curious about even the way I walk but, no, the invasion of privacy in a private area is nowhere to be found as acceptable even in Chinese culture . I would never open my mother in law room to check her out, or my colleague , or the next door of the Thai massage parlor, much less of a HOST with whom I am sharing house with.

I am very sorry about your squat experience. Can you speak Chinese? Did you understand what they said? I hope you didnt, because their comments are ridiculous and so childish, I can’t believe they are grown ups living in this decade.

If you come to Asia again and visit any public place you will most likely face a similar situation.
Regardless of the amount of ‘western’ TV, culture etc being hugely imported it is always a thrill for them to see the ‘real thing, flesh and bone’

Thank you @konacoconutz
I don’t desire this guest to my worst enemy.

You know when in PE class we had to warm up by standing and not bending your knees but need to touch your toes with your fingers? Now, think about my fellow women here doing that in the huge dressing room in the gym - naked.

Sorry for making you picture it.

I had to see it every single day and in the natural form. Amazon forest alert. And not one time that they saw me they would not comment how different I was from their human ‘plant’ love.
I recommend any foreigner to always check the policy of hot springs spas, etc, because many places don’t even allow to wear clothes. If you visit Asia and want a local experience but not so local, always choose private places.

1 Like

I am watching an NFL game and following this thread at the same time; this thread has turned out to be a lot more interesting, by far. What is ‘plant’ love? Vera you are in Taiwan right?

2 Likes

Hahaha, lets say the Eastern ‘cultivation’ of a mini forest in the south hemisphere of the body…bonsai anyone? Oh boy, I need some sleep.

I mean, to each it’s own, but why they have to discuss the differences of the other person in front of her, knowing everyone around is participating in the discussion is beyond me. And once one of them started pointing out , yes, with finger, the other ladies would gather in formation to discuss the subject being studied

1 Like

Yes, I am in Taiwan.

Oh I ‘see’; how absolutely fascinating, culturally speaking of course. :sunglasses:

(Now, for some inexplicable reason, I really don’t care who wins the game).

3 Likes

I should have gone to bed haha
Don’t think men are immune. The men in my family and expats friends tell us it is the same for them when they are or have to be naked around local men here.

Regardless of all this zoo-like behavior towards foreigners , I am sure it would never be accepted if it was the other way around. Not in public, not in private.

You’re killing me…laughing so hard :heart_eyes: :joy:

2 Likes

Now that you said it Cabin, me too! This has been so funny. Vera you really are cool.

2 Likes

@Mearns and @cabinhost

I better not dig deeper :innocent:

1 Like

Till next botanical lesson. :wink:

3 Likes

It’s all good. You were entitled to unleash your anger for being violated.

2 Likes

I am waiting for Airbnb response, but if they don’t remove this review I am thinking of replying it.

Would you guys reply the review?

Actually I am waiting on @KIKI’s opinion on these dirty chinese guests. :grin:

1 Like

That be too delicious. If we only could be that lucky. :yum: