Guest broke a blinder: insurance & review

There are threads covering broken items but I haven’t found anything regarding claims AND feedback, which is something we hosts should be very attentive about.

The roll blinder was “stuck” the guest said and she just “pulled it down, but slightly”.

It never got stuck but that might be true. You don’t usually pull those things down by applying force though, but the results now is that it’s broken (doesn’t go up anymore and I’ve got other guests coming in… 53 minutes :S ).

My questions are:

1. Request refund from guest or Airbnb?
Do I proceed by requesting money from the guest? Or should I ask Airbnb through insurance policy?

2. Does the guest keep the right to giving a feedback?
Does the guest keep the right to giving a feedback? if there’s a contentious going on?
That’s what I’m worried about, if they do it’s like they have a grenade on their hand to wield.

There’s no insurance policy on Airbnb. You can certainly make a claim against the deposit and hopefully should get some money back to repair it.

Bad news is you have 53 minutes to get the claim in. You can’t allow the next set of guests to check in before you raise the claim via the resolution centre.

Thank you Zandra.

What do you mean there’s no insurance policy, this page says there is insurance if a guest damages building property, albeit I haven’t had time yet to read the fine print : https://www.airbnb.com/host-protection-insurance.

Anyway, by getting the claim in you mean I should request money from the guest?
She acknowledge it was her fault BTW and even said she’s open to discuss a fair compensation.

Yes best ask Airbnb why they call it insurance…a misnomer to be honest with you.

You need to file a claim with resolution. It’s located as a tab on the guest reservation. You have to have receipts, photos, documentation. Submit as much as you can, the more the better. You don’t have much time.

Thank you, I opened a claim and still waiting for guest’s answer.

I suppose she’ll be able to normally leave a review independently of the outcome of the claim… ?

That is Liability cover, there is also the Host Guarantee, not Insurance, but that is very difficult to claim on.