Great AirBNB Contact Centre Experience

I just called and spoke with the Contact Centre located in Manila and had the most wonderful service from a young guy on the line.

Not only did he help with my enquiry very easily and very quickly, but without any mention by me, he also just happened to notice that I had been awarded a Travel Voucher from AirBNB some time ago, which I had not used, so it was now expired.

He asked me why I hadn’t used it before it expired. I told him I just had not had the time because I was so busy hosting other people.

He said he really wanted me to experience staying with another Superhost to get some fresh inspiration, so he has sent me a replacement voucher!

So, if there are any Superhosts on the Gold Coast who would like a wonderfully clean and considerate guest, I’d be thrilled if you would have me!

HUGS

1 Like

Nice to hear positive experience~ hope you get to travel!

I have contacted the Airbnb Customer Service Centre maybe about 6 times and have gotten nothing but stellar service and followup everytime. There are not alot of other call centres that I have to deal with occasionaly (banks, utilities, airlines, etc.) on which I can heap such praise.