Flipkey increase their service fees again

So this would block all your synced calendars as well. And what does the owner get to do? Dump them too if another booking from another platform comes in?

Haha…yeah, where’s my cooling off period when a more attractive booking comes through within the next 24 hours?

1 Like

Can you even imagine if we were given the same opportunity?

“Owner has the right to cancel your reservation (for the next 24 hrs.) if they like another group more than yours” - Sheesh!

1 Like

ugg. Spoke too soon about liking them.
They totally prey on us! And on the guest!

1 Like

I’m thinking it is a marketing decision. What one thing can they offer the guests that Air doesn’t have! A 24-hour right to change their mind.

All airlines offer this too, by the way, by federal law. They just don’t advertise it. If you book a flight and you change your mind (or make an error) you can cancel without penalty or commission within 24 hours. Watch places like Expedia or Travelocity (NEVER use them!) they will try to keep the commission, even though they are not entitled to it.

2 Likes

Their site is down! Everyone is probably trying to read the new TOS to make sure there aren’t more things they are dropping on us!

Yes, I have trying to get in!!

@sandytoes - I can’t log in this second but I was having trouble finding the guest detail to see where the inquiry originated. I wonder if your dashboard is any different since you are on subscription.

I did see a section to view guest contact info - but I only saw name and email address. I will check again. BTW - which page are you scrolling down on to see “guest detail”? Are you just opening up from the messaging inbox and clicking on the guest name?

https://rentals.tripadvisor.com/en_US/termsandconditions/owner

The guest details appears on the inquiry form that comes in as an email from “tripadvisor Rentals”. I do not click on the guest’s name or any other link, nor do I need to go to the Dashboard…it’s all there on the face of the emailed form.

First, it says I have a new inquiry, and below that it reads:

Reply Now:
You Earn: $_____ (this figure is always less than my actual take)
Guests: (my max is 2, so it will always read 1 or 2)
Dates: (their selected dates)

…following that is:

Guest details:
Ph. No. (full no.)
Email: (full e-address)
Sent via: TripAdvisor … or FlipKey

…then the guest’s message to me appears in a box directly below.

And that’s it.
(Sorry, I’ve never learned how to do screen shots.)

Ok…thanks for clarifying. I just looked at a recent inquiry that came through my email and didn’t see any of that info. I am guessing they just have the entire “guest details” removed since I am not allowed to see that info anyway…

Edited: Just to clarify - the inquiry does show the first part of your info with “you earn” etc., just not the second part.

OH gosh, I don’t see that either.

It may be as cabin suspects, it’s because neither of you are on the old subscription plan. You both are governed by FlipKnee until all the fun fees are paid.

Do any of you know if there is a way to set up the rates so that my Fridays and Sundays stay together?

I don’t have a set turnover day, but for certain months (like Spring time) - I would like to keep the min. night stay at 2 days, but not allow someone to break up Fri and Sat.

What I don’t want is someone taking only Thurs. and Fri. since Thurs. is cheaper. And then it may difficult to book that Sat.

Can you just do it manually? They do have a way to set seasonal rates, I wonder if you can do that with the weekend thing too?

Yes, that’s what I was asking. I am playing in the seasonal rates section and haven’t come across a way to do that, without setting up a new seasonal rate for every single Friday and Sat.

Yeah that is what I mean by manually. I don’t know why they don’t have a feature that allows you set weekends as blocks for minimum rentals. Friday through Sunday but leave the remainder intact for two day minimums.