Everything you love about AirBnB?

List all your loves for the app and/or website features anything that needs to be on the app.

:thinking::thinking: are you a student? Or working for Airbnb

3 Likes

I’m finding I use my phone app more than my laptop to manage my Airbnb listings. The only time I use the full site is after I’ve gotten a reservation and the guest wants information about transportation from the airport, parking, distances and how to reach certain local places.

I am a student who is trying to figure out what everyone likes and disklikes about AirBnB

A student where? What are you studying?

I doubt theyre working for Airbnb but maybe they hope to work at Airbnb! Sounds like interview prep!

1 Like

If you don’t give a minimum 100 words of explanation about who you are, what you study, where you study, what your research focuses on, etc… and also the promise to give us feedback, I doubt lots of people will be willing to be of any help.

We have students passing by every day, and one, quite demanding, phrase will really not do the job.

2 Likes

I apologize for the wording. I am a business major at ASU and I am doing a paper on what makes AirBnB so successful. I would love to hear what everyone loves and hates about the app/service. Any changes needed or what makes it so successful in the eyes of the users/hosts. If you have any other questions please ask.

ASU?

This is an international forum

1 Like

Arizona State University

Go Sun Devils! WP Carey I assume?

Just because you and I hail from similar parts I’ll try to help…

–Ease of use. Air makes it stupidly easy to sign up. Other hosting sites were a little more rigorous in terms of getting set up.
–Easy calendar customization: I’m impressed at how easy it is to do minimum night stay, adjust prices, seasonality, etc
–Reservation ease: Air is good about showing reservations in multiple formats, from a calendar view to a list view. I also appreciate that they send a reminder when guests are checking in.
–Contact: Air’s messaging system is good in that you can also reply straight from your email.
–Co-host feature is great, in that they pair people available to help be quasi-property managers with those looking to Air their space.

What I don’t like:
–There are a little TOO many menu options. I still get “my listing” and “dashboard” confused in terms of what will bring me where. I would probably change out “your listing” to simply read “calendar” and then put the functionalities under that (like reservation requirements).
–Small point, but Air needs to change penalizing the hosts for turning down a guest if another person comes and Instant Books the property out from under them. I had to decline a guest who queried because someone else came and booked within that time, and got a small admonishment from Air about “keeping my calendar updated.” Well um, okay.
–Air’s pricing suggestions are too low and they know it, and all but new hosts know it. And, they give new hosts a bump in the search engine, so there’s high turnover of new hosts with low-priced properties. It’s their right to do this as a business, but it ain’t great for the hosts who know what their home’s true rental value is (which is at the very least a whole 1bd/1ba house for the price of a single hotel room), and want to play at the higher price point.

Good luck with your research!

1 Like

I really appreciate the feedback! Thank you so much for your support and opinions!