Everbooked vs Beyond Pricing

My year old experience is (for a 2 or 3 BR unit) especially for off and and mid-season, bookings are driven by the weekend. So back than I developed my own system, that mainly meant weekends (Fri-Sat and Sat-Sun) cost double the nightly rate of a week night.
Maybe pricing engines see the same.

@ianmchenry + @dordal : Do take the number of bedrooms or beds in account? (3+ bedrooms APTs or houses might have a different clientele that studio apartments, right? )

Beyond Pricing (BP) can be pricy as the charge 1% of total bookings, regardless how much more you make from their service and what you already invest to make high profits (like 24/7 sales, constant ad improvements, your own website, …).
That would be >$1000 per year for 1 property (mid- to high-end) :worried:

Wheelhouse (usewheelhouse.com) is at the same price (1% of turn-over, but 3 month free)
and they have a free option which seems to be time-unlimited. :slight_smile:

PriceLabs.co is charging around $20 per month

smarthost.me does not say in the website what they would charge :spy:

Everbooked (EB) is available in USA only :worried: service costs $20/100 per month flat-rate

outswitch.com charges $15 or less (actually ÂŁ12)
Have mistakes on website.

airdna.co just to complete the list with their Pricing Copilot …

hostaway.com costs $10,- / month per listing.
But it does only distribute pricing: Can import rates from Airbnb, and have Hostaway export them to the other channels (Booking.com, Expedia, 9Flats, Tripadvisor and soon we hope HomaAway.)" :-1:
Chat is not online 24/7 :frowning:

You can add outswitch

@sylvainbg
Do you know outswitch?

Not using it but I heard of it.

it seems they are pretty new or not really that active …

screenshot from their website (no phone number - should be removed)
not sure if I would trust them to deliver good rates if they not even fix their website template

Yep - we absolutely do at Beyond Pricing. If you’re doing $100k per year, then we would cost $1,000. All that requires is that we get you one more booking that you wouldn’t have already gotten or get 10 bookings at 10% higher than normal and it more than covers for the cost.

@ianmchenry I am mad you. Your calendar in SF is
Not ‘seeing’ local events like GDC. Also it would be great if the ‘increased demand bc of an event’ actually said what event

@ianmchenry I was a bit disappointed to see you are not even (yet) support FlipKey/TripAdvisor when it comes to uploading rates (only airbnb and homeaway).
And what about wimdu for example. Than I prefer to pay around $100 per year (PricingLabs) - yes, just 10% of what you would be asking.
Sure, it can all pay with one booking. But how would you show you are better than what I did in the past or than PricingLabs ?

Did anyone here in the forum ever do a A/B test with very similar or even better identical units?

Hi Peter - you can always use a channel manager like Rentals United to sync to any of the other sites.

For comparison, you can ask Jasper from Get Paid for Your Pad - we made him 38% more than has prior year. You can also just look at your Stats page on Beyond Pricing to see what you made last year and compare to this year.

Other competitors will miss big events. I have dozens of examples where they missed an event where we would be increasing by $200 per night on a place that is normally $150 per night. With a 4 night stay, they make $800 more than they would have on another competitor and instantly pay for our increased cost. So using a different service, in the end, usually costs you a lot more than their monthly fee.

GDC was a weird one this year. There was only a slight 2% uptick in demand and occupancy, so we didn’t increase prices for it. Remind me, where in the city is your listing?

You can also go to your Market Data tab to see if demand is increasing for any upcoming day.

For the other events, our interns who write in the names once our algorithm has detected the increased demand are probably just a little bit behind. We make sure that we’re first increases prices when there is an uptick in demand and then we put a name to what might be causing the spike.

It’s kind of like how Uber will surge pricing, not because they know a baseball game let out but because they have a lot more requests than normal. Sometimes, they’ll add a note that’s manually posted by a local manager saying “surge because of baseball game”. Hope that helps!

Russian Hill/Pac Heights… I’ve noticed the ‘no name’ issue on all three of our calendars. You guys are also missing some of the major music festivals in Barcelona that take place in June.

Did you take a look at the Market Data tab? Do you see hotel prices spiking or occupancy spiking for those dates in Barcelona?

Also, what email is your account under so I can take a look directly.

Thanks.

Will PM you…but looking at your Market Data for BCN, to me, it looks way off, especially for Jul/Aug where LY you said there was roughly 50%+ occupancy (we were 90%) and this year you are predicting sub 30% occupancy for July and Aug, we have been hosting in BCN for 5 years and have never had a July or Aug with less than 80%, as that is the high season.

I’ve used EB. And BP. Right now we’re using Wheelhouse. Usewheelhouse.com. They all seem very similar. Although like the OP, they give you differing amounts of useful analytical information, which I love to see too.

The magic seems to come in setting the right base price. Which means you need a great deal of human input - which comes from you.

Wheelhouse right now is suggesting a sky high base price for one of our rooms and a way too low price for the other. Both rooms are in the same apartment! So I went in and a readjusted the base on both so it would come up with prices that are aligned with our market. Which means the pricing is still pretty much what I think it should be. Meaning, I’m not sure how great these services really are.

1 Like

Hi Azalea - see below for last year’s market occupancy for your SF listing. You can see that the JP Morgan Health Care conference that most people don’t know about caused occupancy to go much higher than GDC (which is barely a blip).

The occupancy there is for Airbnb overall. Obviously, there is a lot of inventory that doesn’t book up as well as your place. What you’re looking for are the trends. Also, the forward looking occupancy is not our prediction, it’s what percentage of places are currently booked. If you look at hotel prices in June, you’ll notice that they aren’t increasing. Which brings up a good point. Just because it’s a holiday or event doesn’t necessarily mean it has an impact on how many people will stay in an Airbnb in your neighborhood. For instance, Christmas in San Francisco is a holiday but it has very, very low occupancy and you can’t raise rates for it.

I completely understand that, and fully agree holidays don’t always equal $$$. The biggest holidays local to BCN, we are never booked, However, June/July/Aug are the busiest months in BCN for tourism, this is not new info, and frankly common knowledge to anyone who lives here. I just find it odd that your predictions wouldn’t take into account historical data.

I think you hit the nail on the head. If you know your own market, and what you base price should be, then you are set, but if you are looking to any of these services as a one stop shop for pricing you may be disappointed.

I am using pricelabs to see some future dates that are in high demand so I can increase by much the price. I am many time events I am not aware.