Delays in Payout!

Airbnb operates in most countries world wide. I understand to you the inaugeration feels like a seismic tectonic plate that can sink a business… but no I think In an operation as global Airbnb it’s not necessarily a seismic event. Just in London Airbnb now makes nearly 1bn a year. That’s one market. Now think how many markets they have.

1 Like

Didn’t say anything about any business sinking.
Talking cash flow issues and payout delays.
But like I say, I don’t claim to be right.
It could be nothing. It could be a paypal issue like they claim. But I doubt it.
Oh well, back to the nuts and bolts of hosting. Guest contacted me at midnight saying they’ve locked themselves out! Ugh!

I doubt it too. Many companies are notorious for holding onto funds and not paying out vendors correctly. I have had first hand experience with Directv and Dish Network playing these games with their independent contractors. Almost every other payout was incorrect. It was always claimed to be a “glitch” in the system. This went on for years. Many companies will hold funds in order to still collect interest, and then wait to get hit with a class action lawsuit. A lot of companies will take advantage of the little guy. It’s worth the risk to them.

This is why all these huge companies ending up getting hit with class action lawsuits. Some are padding the customer bills, etc. They take that risk.

We finally got our payout, but not before I sicked my husband on them. Whether the payout was going to happen anyway or not, he also managed to get $80 in travel credits for our trouble by demanding we be compensated for our lost interest. Which brings me to another point. I played nice, mostly: I called and spoke to someone almost every day for a week; I tweeted and DM’d with increasing levels of frustration and threat and still, I basically got the runaround from about 6 different reps. And then it seems like all it took was a call from a man and he gets travel credits. My question: Do men find it easier to get resolutions from Air reps than women? Not easy to answer, I know - so many factors at play. But that’s what intuition is telling me.

Well, you’ve got access to your husband, so that should solve the problem for you.

Do men find it easier to get resolutions than women? A very, very interesting question, sorry I don’t have an easy answer to that. But your intuition might not be wrong.

The advantages that men have in all societies is well researched and exhaustively documented. (That doesn’t keep people from denying the fact, but that’s the world we live in). I would not expect Airbnb to be different.

2 Likes

As a woman who’s got travel credits from Airbnb as a host and as a guest… I’m not sure.

2 Likes

I believe we (women) are perceived as hysterical when trying to get a point across and men… well, I’m not sure of the word. Authoritative?
Sadly.

1 Like