Controlling Behaviour? Am I becoming neurotic?

Is she getting her refund?

I have no idea she escalated it to Airbnb. We will see.

This is why you should escalate. She didnā€™t stay.

Airbnb have been very clear; she didnā€™t cancel so her review counts even though she didnā€™t stay overnight.

Zandraā€¦ They were also very clear on my review being rejected on a technicality, that my brother reported something they did. When I escalated to Twitter they ruled against the first CSR and reinstated the review I left.

1 Like

Iā€™ll try :slight_smile: nothing to lose!

YEAH!!!
That is the spirit!!! Donā€™t let them win!

3 Likes

She ckecked-in and checked-out, so she did stay.
She is entitled to leave a review, but in NO WAY should airBnB allow guests to nag like that about things that are clearly stated in the listing.

1 Like

When I had a guest who left without staying the night I called Airbnb to make sure that it was noted that as the guests hadnā€™t stayed the night they were ineligible to write a review. The customer service representative said that I was correct and that if the guest left a review I could have it removed.

1 Like

@EllenN After reading lots of posts on this forum about ā€œsituationsā€ with AirBnB, I got the impression that they tend not to believe hosts unless you provide prove. How would one provide prove that a guest payed, but did not spend the night?
Or do you think they called your guest and that the guest admitted to not staying?

Could you elaborate a bit more? Thanks!

1 Like

Well in my case the guest messaged on Airbnb and even said in their claim they didnā€™t stay but Airbnb are ignoring it.

Yes I think thatā€™s what overall I found incredible- that the guest could review like that. It seems pretty incredible. In private feedback the guest told me I should make it clear itā€™s not for a whole flat. Which I found stupefying as I do make it clear.

Well a small victory. Air have told the guest that listing was accurate and that therefore there will be no refund.

The review stating the opposite stays.

Good news on getting paid. Are you going to respond? It just makes her look bad and I wouldnā€™t rent to her if I saw that (and didnā€™t have instant book, lol.)

1 Like

I knowā€¦ I have had guests slam me in a review for location, and then state in the private feedbackā€¦ ā€œYou should have said how far from town it is.ā€ Which I do! A million ways from Sunday but if you donā€™t read then how are you going to know!

You should still appeal to Twitter. Thatā€™s what I did after two case managers refused to reinstate my review of this terrible guest. It puts a different case manager on it when you appeal.

1 Like

You could also just respond with something like,

This guest did not stay in the flat.

1 Like

Every intention to appeal on twitter if just to see what happens

I did reply stating the description fully describes the room.

1 Like

Oh wow. That is an extraordinarily nice response to the little witch.

1 Like

What else could I doā€¦ I certainly didnā€™t want to be caught up in her nastiness. I must post her details where they will be remembered ā€¦ I canā€™t seem to find the notification you sent me @konacoconutz

1 Like

The guests were a couple. When they arrived the husband told me that the room didnā€™t look like the pictures on our listing. I asked him what was different. He said that he thought we had one large bed, not two twin beds. Our listing is abundantly clear that the guest room has two twin beds as you can see from the link below. When we know that two guests are a couple we tie the beds together, but when they booked they didnā€™t tell us that they were a couple. They were fighting like cats and dogs the whole time they were here (about an hour). They told me that they were going to lunch and would return. They took their belongings, left our key behind and never returned. As I said, I called Airbnb to make sure that it was noted that they didnā€™t stay here. They didnā€™t attempt to leave a review, so I didnā€™t have to get one removed.

3 Likes